[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /adv/. >be me >have a lot of people who consider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20130109.png (854 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
20130109.png
854 KB, 600x887
Hi, /adv/.

>be me
>have a lot of people who consider me their friend, both male and female
>still fee like an outcast because they never text me just to talk, I always have to initiate everything with them
>when I do, they always reply with 'Anon, so good to hear from you, hahaha!' and the conversation usually goes pretty well
>when it ends they always say we need to talk more often
>they still never initiate conversations with me ever
>I see them talk about how they have hour-long text conversations or snapchat wars, generic young adult friendship stuff that I've never experienced because nobody has initiated it with me and I don't know how to initiate it in a way that won't seem annoying or weird
>they don't invite me to their parties or to just hang out, either, I always have to awkwardly ask if anything is going on. It makes me feel like I'm inviting myself to everything because I know under normal circumstances they would never actually ask me if I wanted to come.
>eventually I just stop trying to talk to them because I worry I'm interrupting their lives or annoying them

What the fuck is going on? Am I their friend or aren't I? How can I have a large social group but feel like I'm all alone 90 percent of the time? Do they even see me as a person they want to talk to, or just an epic quirky guy who is sort of cool to hang around but not someone they would want to regularly hang out with?

I'm so tired of being alone. I've tried to separate myself from people and from society and embrace introvert/shut-in/robot life, but I can't, no matter how hard I try. I need people. I need to feel like I'm cared about. I need companionship, not just romantic (that's a whole other beast I'm dealing with, but not one that's really relevant to my main question) but also platonic, and I'm getting neither. And I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and it's killing me.

How do I fix this?
>>
Bump. Having the same problem here
>>
>>16558881
Thanks Anon, seems like it's a difficult problem to solve seeing how nobody seems to be able to give advice on it so far.

Self bump I guess.
>>
hey OP, i'm going through a really similar thing right now. i just got out of a relationship so i'm making a lot of new friendships i couldn't have before, but no one i talk to ever seems to want to get past the "small talk when we see each other" phase. i made all the social media other people have, try to initiate jokes/conversations, and nothing happens. i feel like a freak honestly. even if people don't outright dislike me, it just seems like no one likes me enough to hang out with me or interact with me a lot.

sorry i can't give any advice, but i hope the best for both of us. i'll contribute a bump instead
>>
I'm also interested!

I always have to be the one to initiate group meetings. They're fun then, but no one ever proposes a group meeting. I can't believe they're less sociable then me. I mean, I'm on 4chan...

So sometimes I ask myself the same questions as OP.
>>
same problem. i have, if you consider the term "friend" loosely, 6-8 friends. i hardly get texts from people who want to talk to me, and if they do, they never respond after a few minutes of talking. no-one ever hangs out with me in person. i have a terrible romantic life, ive never had a gf and a few bad experiences have made me unable to express my feelings to someone i like. halp.
>>
I have this kind of problem with my group sometimes, yet i understand why they would sometimes do that because most of them are just party people and get wasted and i used to decline their invites a lot so they rarely consider me for party kind stuff. I don't really care though because its just not my thing
>>
>yfw the reason nobody can answer OP's question is that it reaches into the core of what drives people to post on 4chan to begin with
>if anybody here knew how to get over it, they wouldn't come here anymore
>>
File: 1427144191452.jpg (2 MB, 5787x8185) Image search: [Google]
1427144191452.jpg
2 MB, 5787x8185
someone pls respond
same problem
bump
>>
It's nice to know there's a bunch of people who have this problem despite not being an introverted sperg. I was thinking that I'm probably not interesting enough, or that I don't really match with the most of people if I want to go easy on myself.
I have 2, maybe 3 friends who actually text me first, offer to hang out etc. and a lot of acquintances I feel like I bother when I "invite myself"
;_;
>>
>>16559860
I second this opinion, and I believe that the type of interaction you desire aren't valued by your friends.
Also the people who would value the interaction you will probably never meet.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.