[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't swallow pills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: NL_73_1_2.jpg (19 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
NL_73_1_2.jpg
19 KB, 250x248
I need to take a pill, but I just can't swallow it. And no, I can't mix it with something to eat, or crush it. It has to be swallowed with nothing but a glass of water. I can't waste too many pills either, so what can I do?

I know that it's a psychological thing. I just don't want to swallow any pills. I don't know why that is, I had this difficulty since I've been a child, but now it's a serious problem for the first time.
>>
Put your pill in the back of your throat and drink your preferred non-alcoholic beverage as normal. It ought to go down.

Gag reflex?
>>
Ugh... Take a mouth full of water, don't swallow it! Slip the pill in, so it "floats" in the water, then swallow. Tada!
>>
>>16558453

As soon as I feel the weight of the pill, I won't let it go down my throat. I can't do anything about it, it just happens. My mind simply doesn't want me to take any pills.
>>
>>16558466
What are you? 5? Grow some balls! It's your body and you are in charge of it. If you tell your mouth to swallow, it better swallows. God damnit... You can't be a playball to every whiny complaints your weak body has
>>
>>16558466
I've had problems with pills too but this should not be happening. Just put the pill and water in and swallow as hard as possible. It will go down before your mind can do anything about it.
>>
If nothing /adv/ suggests works for you, ask your doctor for the liquid equivalent. It's what I do whenever I'm prescribed something.
>>
>>16558481
Pussy
>>
>>16558450
I used to be a big baby when it came to swallowing pills, but after contracting a chronic illness I had to become an expert at it pretty quick in order to not be dead.

>It has to be swallowed with nothing but a glass of water.
I really don't know why manufacturers are so hung up on this - swallowing pills with water is the hardest possible way to do it. I struggle to do it with water sometimes, but knocking back the 9 tablets I have to take first thing in the morning with a single sip of my mcdonalds latte isn't a problem. Anyhow, unless the information leaflet specifically forbids you from using a certain drink (I had some calcium supplements once that said you weren't allowed to drink tea or coffee within one hour before or after taking them) then you can safley disregard the water thing. I find a fizzy drink is best, because every kind of pill floats in it. Don't know if it works with diet ones, but they taste like hamster piss anyway so just use a normal one.

Take a medium sized sip, but don't swallow. Tip your head back and look up at the ceiling, pop the pill in, still don't swallow, because it's going to fizz up a bit at first and if you try to do it now you'll have pepsi coming out of your nose and all sorts. Keep your tongue at the bottom of your mouth like as if the doctor was looking at your tonsils, and if you need to, tilt your head around a bit so the pill isn't touching the roof of your mouth - you want it floating in the middle so you can't feel it. Then you just swallow the drink, you can start to bring your head down as soon as you begin to swallow if you want. Probably take another sip at this point and swallow it like normal, just to make sure it's gone all the way down, and there you are, job done.

>I can't waste too many pills either
Go and buy a box of tic tacs to practice with.
>>
>>16558552

>Go and buy a box of tic tacs to practice with.

That's actually a good idea, thanks!

The thing is, that the mediaction is very strong, because it's to treat a mental problem. And from what I read, it could even bring about personality change and whatnot. And I am really afraid of that. I have these difficulties at university because of the mental problem and because of that I need the medicine. But at the same time I don't want to take it, because I feel it could be taking a step that I won't be able to reverse anymore.
I like the way I am now. I don't want to risk my personality, because of the difficulties in other aspects of my life. And because of that, I don't and at the same time want to take the medicine....
>>
Just practice having some water in your mouth and swallowing hard and fast. Then try it with the tablet. The slower you do it the more likely it'll not go down.
I can just use a bit of saliva in my mouth or even none at all to down even big tablets / capsules with ease doing this
>>
Putthe pill and the water in your mouth, tilt your head down as far as it will go, and swallow. This trick is actually used for dry-swallowing, but it should work with water too.
>>
I had this problem pretty bad when I was a kid. Just wouldn't or couldn't swallow pills. Parents tried everything but it only made things worse.

I have no problems now though. Just balance it on my tongue and take a small drink of water to wash it down. I think it helps if you don't taste or smell the pill beforehand, the anticipation made things messy when I was younger.
>>
I remember I used to be like you. But one day, I get tired of that shit, so I forced myself to swallow it, and nothing happened. I just did it. I did not drown, I did not die or anything like that. It's just a mental thing, believe me, it's just a stupid pill and when you eat, you swallow things more big.
I recommend you to use a lot of water, so you won't feel the pill down in your throat (that used to scare me).
>>
Get the pill wet in a mouth full of water and swallow... Make sure the whole pill is soaked. Try with orange juice if water is too difficult
>>
For pills and capsoles use what >>16558552 said to get started. If you are still having trouble taking horse pills you can either cut it up and take in multiple shots. Or let's say you have a 20mg pill ask your doctor if the medication comes in 10mg so it is a smaller pill but you take it twice.

For capsoles push on both the ends to put them inside the capsole that way it is smaller in size.

For liquid put the dose under your tounge and then take a swig of a strong drink like cranberry juice.

The way my grandpa told me to take pills was to chew up some food to the point I'd swallow and put the pill inside the chewed up food and swallow.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.