[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I convince people that polyamory can be ethical?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: heart.png (99 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
heart.png
99 KB, 300x300
how do I convince people that polyamory can be ethical?
>>
>>16557981
go to a muslim country
>>
>>16557981
You don't, that's how. You can still be friends with someone without trying to micromanage their morality to match your own. And it would be easier for you to not waste romantic pursuits with someone who opposes your romantic orientations.
>>
No idea, but do let me know if you find out. I'm in a poly relationship, and am tired of people acting like I'm abusing my partners with my company.
>>
File: 1432049485463.jpg (144 KB, 663x1600) Image search: [Google]
1432049485463.jpg
144 KB, 663x1600
Absolutely fucking disgusting, kill yourself.
>>
>>16557997
1. Get those toxic people out of your life; you have loving relationships to attend to.
OR
2. Stop caring about the opinions of others so much. Realize that you are happy, and so are your partners. What more could you ask for?
>>
>>16557981
Don't try to convince anyone. Find people who already agree, share with them, and just don't talk about it with anyone else.
>>
File: 1435726780311.png (54 KB, 906x980) Image search: [Google]
1435726780311.png
54 KB, 906x980
>>16557981
through separatism
pic related
>>
>>16557981
Relationships are built on a foundation of communication and trust. Intimacy, passion and commitment can all be had in polyamorous and monogamous relationships.

As long as trust isn't broken and everything is open there's no problem. No one is being hurt and nothing is unethical.
>>
>>16557981
If you say so Ahmed.
>>
Go read The Truth by Neil Strauss.
tldr: polyamory does not work, period.
>>
>>16558413
>commitment
>poly
>>
>>16558754
There are countless commitments made in relationships other than exclusivity. Honesty, for example, is a widely valued commitment that's very germane to this question.
>>
By and large, you can't; not directly. It requires a moral philosophy that most people in this day and age (even those who would would like to believe in it) just don't find compelling. You've got to break them of that first before you have any chance of convincing them thatwhat you are doing is ethical.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.