[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for a complete loser to transform himself into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: fedora.png (51 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
51 KB, 370x370
Is it possible for a complete loser to transform himself into a happy and successful person? Has this ever occurred before in history?
>>
>>16557871
depends on how you define happy and successful
>>
Yes but your "loser"-ness will haunt you and affect your decisions and actions for the rest of your life.

I'm probably a good example.
>huge nerd in middle school & high school
>few close friends
>college improve, but still tfw nogf
>post college improve a bit more, still tfw nogf
>hit stride late 20s, get gf, stopped being a wizard
>doing well at work, get /fa/, get /fit/, become a popular person
>still feel like a loser/nerd. often feel like I go out of my way to act "cool" to overcompensate for my insecurities & fears.

it's hard for human beings to happy mang
>>
>>16557871
Yes that happens all the time. The most successful and happy people in life are often people who were awkward or not popular in grade-school. It's never too late to change and turn your life around. It's not rare, it's the norm.
Also, "happy" or "successful" people may seem that way in public, but the reality is often not the same.

Just to use some examples if you don't believe me, rapper Eminem has said he was a shy loner in high school, now is a huge musical superstar. Robin Williams was considered happy and hilarious, huge success as well, but was extremely depressed. Everyone is different, just find your own path and don't worry too much if things aren't going as you planned, be grateful of the good things you do have.
>>
>>16557871
Bill Gates.
>>
It happens all the time.
>>
>>16557894
This is hauntingly accurate. I still feel like this fucking loser nobody when I'm out with new people that have no idea about my past. Just this constant thought at the back of my mind that people don't truely like and accept me for wha ever neurotic reason.

I'm even more terrified of people finding out about how things were for me in highschool.
>>
Yes, I'm probably another example somewhat similar to >>16557894.

>bullied throughout primary and high school
>literally zero friends, beaten up, spat on, told to kill myself, etc.
>start going to an exercise class and think it's pretty fun
>go more often, get my hair cut shorter (prev. a frizzy mess)
>decide to dress measurably less shit, copy the what average guys are wearing; get braces to fix my fucked up teeth
>several months later gym is going well, sign up for taekwondo; I'm looking better now
>ditch my role as the token Butters of the people I was hanging out with, ask to hang out with some other people I seem to have common ground with
>get gf, lose virgin
>6mo later gf is literally abusing me, break it off
>by now I'm being invited out and it feels good
Several years later I've got a tonne of friends who all respect me a lot, I'm reasonably attractive according to my current gf, the other girls who have asked me out, and several homosexual friends.

My life's on track, I know what I'm doing, and I'm getting better every day.

What I did, and what any other anon does, might not work for you precisely but a few good things to remember are:
>don't be afraid to change things about yourself you aren't happy with, you CAN do it
>look for friends you have common ground with and build up from there
>make sure that you enjoy doing whatever you end up trying to do with your life
>>
Happens all the time. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, stop making excuses, and start making better choices.
>>
>>16557871
Easy, become a history major.
>>
Yes, in fact it's pretty common. A lot of "losers" in high school end up having much more successful happy adulthoods than those who were "cool" in high school. But you have to work at it.
>>
What I'm struggling with is how to let go of shameful embarrassing moments from my past. I recently moved away from the city I grew up, so I literally don't have to see anyone who knew me as a loser again. Yet, I'm still struggling to get over cringe worthy shit I did back in the day. I can't stop beating myself up about it. How do I let it go?
>>
>>16558225
The things that have happened to you are just that, things that happened, not who you are. Live in the present. Choose to feel differently. It isn't something that can be explained much better than that. If your shy, try starting small, say hi to people. If your anxious, remember that it's all in your head. It's a process, you won't get the results you want over night. Just treat each instance as a chance to be better than you were and if you fall into bad habits don't give up and try again.
>>
>>16558225
The only real answer to that question is another question.

You simply don't let them bother you, there's no point in dwelling on the past; everybody besides you has very likely forgotten everything which keeps you up at night, so you're the only one bothering yourself with the memories.

That means our new question s "What do you find enables you to take your mind off your past actions?"
>>
>>16558243
Well, what's helped me get over some of my bad past actions is doing something alternatively good.

For instance, I didn't have hardly any friends in high school and I felt ashamed about it. But then when I made some friends in college I wasn't really ashamed anymore, I felt like I had redeemed myself if that makes sense.

But most of what I'm struggling with now is embarrassing moments with girls in the past. I still have had basically no success with girls (haven't really tried due to anxiety) so I'm still carrying that shame around. I feel like if I could get a girlfriend or something then I could redeem myself and heal the shame of the past.
>>
Some do,some dont.

LIfe aint fair.
>>
>>16557871
yes, it is. but you have to genuinely be not autistic and just not educated in social educate and capable of change.
>>
>>16557871
Yes, it's called relentless hard work and discipline.

It's possible, but people who are "losers" know this, but think it's impossible because they refuse to work hard and change. Actually try for a change and use your common sense.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.