[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speed-dating advices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Speed-Dating-poster[1].jpg (38 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Speed-Dating-poster[1].jpg
38 KB, 853x480
Hello /adv/

That's it. I've decided I won't meet a normal gf just by going to my usual places and I will join a speed-dating event.

Any advice?
It'll be in the week-end, so what to wear? Casual jeans/sneakers is ok?
What to say and what to ask? Is it okay to ask serious questions like what kind of relationship she's looking for and since when she's been single?

Some examples of questions or topics to fuel the conversation?
>>
Bump.

Halp me pls :( or just share experience
>>
I didn't even know speed dating was a thing anymore
>>
>>16557834
I've been lied to then!
>>
>>16557793
Dressy casual.
Wear a fitted button down shirt but roll up the sleeves so you don't look like you're trying too hard.
Don't wear jeans. You wanna look nice- this is their first impression of you and they're comparing you to tons of guys who are right next to you. You want to look good.

I don't think you should ask personal questions like that- that seems like a little much to disclose to a stranger. Keep it light- ask what her favorite movie is, try to talk about that for a little while if you know it. If not, be like "oh cool I havn't seen that one yet! What's it like?" And let her explain. Don't rush the conversation- keep things at a friendly, engaged pace. Leave her wanting to talk more to you.
>>
>>16557879
Thanks
>Leave her wanting to talk more to you
When the time is up, should I hint her it's up to her to talk more about it after or is it cringy?
>>
>>16557907
Eehh
You need to "make the first move" since you're the guy, but leave the ball in her court.

Best case scenario- you guys are in the middle of a great conversation laughing about some movie you've seen or book you both enjoyed, when time runs out.
You say "ah, time's up. But hey, I'm really enjoying talking to you, so lemme give you my number- text me when this is all done and we can talk some more!"

She may or may not text you- it depends on whether she enjoyed the convo as much as you did. Much like speed dating, this is a way for you to weed out the girls who arent as in to you as you are in to them.
Of the girls you give your number to, not all will text you. This rejection might suck at first but it will numb off after the first few times once you realize how many women there are for you to work with.

Also- don't let the women know that you're giving your number to a lot of other women. You want them to think that you specifically like them and thought you had a special connection with them. Don't give your number to every girl, be selective but not too picky
>>
>>16557921
>give your number
But they say you can't give your number during the speed dating. If they like you, they'll write your number and if there's a match, you get their number and vice versa.
>>
LOL, speed dating is for total losers and washed-up ex-whores.
>>
>>16558043
Well then there you go- don't worry about it. And don't use any stupid lines at the end that will cringe up your chances.
Just say "I really enjoyed talking to you!"
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.