[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to cope with the fact that i won't ever have a gf in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: pepeblanket.png (101 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
pepeblanket.png
101 KB, 500x366
how to cope with the fact that i won't ever have a gf in my lifetime, not even once

wish i was joking
>>
Most people think that until a serendipitous situation happens to find a girl. Believe me, even the most desperate and loser 4channer can get girlfriends depending on the situation.
>>
>>16557689
Embrace it man! One day she'll be there.
>>
>>16557689

Christmas is coming OP, just ask Santa.
You were a good boy this year, right?
>>
>>16557689
Start caring about your own damn self.
Stop caring about gold digging egocentric prayong mantises that will push you over the edge of the suicide once you stop providing either money or entertainment.
Embrace your own path.
Going innawoods for a little while could help you out
>>
>>16557692
>>16557693
>>16557718
pic related. it's marginally funny but hits home very painfully
>>16558209
my path is very lonely. which is okay 90% of the time. but i still feel a very strong urge to have a gf that 10% and being incapable makes me feel real bad

thanks for giving a good response. i guess i just need to try harder to embrace my path
>>
File: youdidthis.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
youdidthis.png
87 KB, 285x285
>>16558365
forgot pic
>>
>>16557693
i'm not op

when i was younger I had that mentality and didn't care so much about going after woman, today i still have had a relationship with one

if the person just wait and doesn't do anything about it, nothing will change imho
>>
>>16558380
had no relationship with one*
>>
Stop whining and change the things you don't like about yourself. Women don't like emo sadsacks.
>>
>>16558408
not true. most emos get their pepe licked.

Idk exactly why women don't like me at all but it's nothing i can change. which is why i need advice on how to cope with it, as opposed to changing it.

some people will be alone forever despite anything they ever do. i am one of these people
>>
why is that frog thing always so sad
>>
>>16558431
because life is suffering for some of us

it's not the happy existence where you can have healthy and happy relationships with the people you want like it is for most people
>>
>>16558723
Your making excuses and whining. Why come here if you don't actually want advice. Way I see it there are one or more things going on here

1) your trolling
2) your not trying
3) your shitty attitude drives people away.
>>
>>16558723
What, are you 14?
>>
I probably won't either (25 now), but I honestly don't care. I've got too much going on in my life now that having a gf would just slow me down anyway.

Just think of all that free time you've got and get out and do things.

If anything you'll be more likely to find someone if you're happy with your own single life.
>>
>>16558851
probably 3, idk. i don't think it's that shitty given the hand i was dealt
>>16558854
no, i've experienced many things. you just don't realize how good you have it.

life is way different when NO ONE EVER has ever liked you.

you will never know this feel. you can't understand it.
>>
Fuck off you're beyond help until you realize you're being a whiney emo shit.
>>
>>16557689
Unless you're exceedingly odd looking with a worse personality it is still possible to find someone.
>>
Get off /adv/ and go whine on /r9k/ instead.
>>
>>16558865
>life is way different when NO ONE EVER has ever liked you.
>you will never know this feel. you can't understand it.
Wanna bet?

We are brothers, you and I. I'm a little older and wiser, but I haven't forgotten what it was like. I remember the days spent crying out in youthful angst, wondering what about me was so magically "repulsive to girls", in quotes because I actually used that term. I remember naming video game characters after myself and their love interests after the girls I was attracted to, feeling this was the closest I would ever get. I remember cooking up crazy schemes, inspired by the likes of Zack Morris and Bobby Budnick, in a desperate attempt to win the hearts of my desires. I also remember how they went all wrong, and not understanding how I got into so much trouble.

I was the fucking cringe-lord. I was called stalker. I was called creepy. I was suspected of having Asperger's long before it was cool. And even now, though the day I got smacked upside the head with the truth is half a lifetime ago, I still count it as the second-worst day of my life. But the truth was the truth: I WAS a legit creeper, I COULD change, and I HAD TO change. This fucking sucked. And I have not forgotten.

But for all the pain of that day, I'm still glad it came, because it gave me what I needed: a sense of agency and a sense of urgency. Once I understood, I could start the work of reinventing myself. Not to change my interests: I still game, even today, and I still like the things I liked back then. But to change ME: my attitudes and my outlook.

This was not easy or quick. In fact, I messed up some things quite badly, which is why I will not tell you how I did it. There are better tools now, and you should use them instead. But even with all the screw-ups, it started paying off even before I was done. Within a year, I had my first girlfriend. Now I'm happily married. This can be yours too. But it starts with change.
>>
That's what i told myself back "in the days". I've met many women that rejected me and got really frustrated of trying and stopped. I started trying to love myself, getting new clothes, brush teeths often, wear bo consistently etc and it happened. I met someone i found pretty and we started talking and talking and well guess what? We've kissed more times than i can count.

Hold on bro
>>
>>16558908
yeah because you run this hahahahahaha
>>16558907
sorry my simply recounting the facts of the situation makes you uncomfortable. you won't ever understand but that's not an insult, i'm just telling you to count yourself blessed.
>>16558907
i am ugly as hell. i know it will never happen, because fact is you have to be attractive to have a s.o. i am not attractive so it's not an option.
>>16558925
i'm 25, i doubt your older
>>16558929
i tried all that, obviously didn't work.

maybe all you needed was the placebos. i have genuine impossibility in ever finding someone. that's why i asked how to cope and not how to fix it, because you can't fix it.
>>
>>16558954
>i'm 25, i doubt your older
36. I win.
>>
>>16558954
>have to be attractive to have a s.o

That is false. I have a friend who to be honest is not even average, was bald by 25, has a limp and speech impediment, doesn't make much money. He's married.
>>
>>16558960
well he must be more attractive than me.
>>16558957
how old were you when you first had a girl hug you though?
>>
>>16558968
>how old were you when you first had a girl hug you though?
That's irrelevant. Yes, I got out sooner than 25. That means nothing. You still have time.
>>
>>16558982
>Yes, I got out sooner than 25. That means nothing.
well i guess that means you're wrong. obviously it means a lot of things
>>
You sound like a whiny defeatest ass lil bitch, no wonder no girl would ever go for you. Man up, hombre
>>
>>16558991
Well it took 25 years to defeat me. I fucking doubt you would have made it this long without being "defeatest"
>>
>>16558985
>well i guess that means you're wrong. obviously it means a lot of things
The only thing it means is that my wake-up call came sooner.

Look, I get it. This is whhat depression does to people: it keeps making up these bullshit excuses that work right up until the moment the truth grabs you by the face, drags you towards the mirror, and forces you to really LOOK for the first time. I don't envy your position. I know how it feels. But this is how you get out.
>>
>Ugly guy

Literally the easiest hurdle to overcome. Get a good job and work out. Ugly men pick up women all the time when they are successful.
>>
why is it i mportant for men to have a gf?
>>
>>16559004
idk if i want a gf all the time, it would be nice to just have one once. i want to try cuddling
>>16558999
yeah lets blame depression. the fact is, i'm a piece of shit. no one will ever like me. now how do i cope
>>16559002
idk how this meme got started but it makes me want to die
>>
>>16559018
You can't pour from an empty cup. Positive stuff won't start happening to you unless you change your shitty attitude and start improving yourself.
>>
Ugly guys get pus all the time. It's about attitude not looks. Your attitude is that of a shitty lil child.
>>
i have depression too and i felt exactly how you felt, that nothing will ever get better and ill be stuck in this state of mind forever, until i started getting help. i do feel the same way about you on this problem, that im probably going to be single for most of my life.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.