[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll keep this short and sweet. >be me >recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 411AiHiZftL._SX300_.jpg (14 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
411AiHiZftL._SX300_.jpg
14 KB, 300x224
I'll keep this short and sweet.

>be me
>recently move back to hometown
>create facebook in attempt to be less antisocial
>friend request about 70 semi local people from high school
>get friend request and message from guy that used to be my best friend from ages 9-14
>still a lot in common
>wants to hang out

I'm just nervous about the whole situation. I'd like to start making friend around this area again, and rekindle a great friendship we once had, but I'm extremely nervous. I haven't hung out in a casual scenario with other people my age in probably five or so years.

wat do?
>>
>>16557546
You're accomplishing exactly what you wanted stop being afraid of fufillin the things you wanted to do.
>>
>I haven't hung out in a casual scenario with other people my age in probably five or so years.

Ahh...what? What are you shut in or something? How have you not had any casual conversations with anyone around your age?
>>
>>16557560
I am. After college, I moved and didn't have an opportunity to easily make friends, as I worked with people in their 50s and 60s.

I talk to other people my age, but it's always over the internet. That's why I wanna make sure I don't horrifically screw this up.
>>
>>16557546
Just hang out, you will feel a bit nervous, but once you start talking with them that will go away, abd it shouldn't be hard to happen as you say you have lot it common.
It's normal to be nervous, but don't be a pussy and go on.
>>
>>16557546
Are you a dude?
If yes, don't worry. Male/male friendship is easy, no homo though.

It will most probably just pick up where it stopped.
>>
>>16557546
You should give up and do nothing instead
>>
>>16557714
Wise words from anon "but don't be a pussy and go on."
>>16557751
I'm a dude. A couple beers and hopefully things will be back to the way they were.
>>
>>16557808
>A couple beers and hopefully things will be back to the way they were.
Yep, but don't ghost on him or he will think you are not the same person.
This happened to me a few years ago:
After my years at university being forever alone I go back to my hometown. At local supermarket, I randomly meet former dumbass friend who couldn't go to uni. Tell him I'm now shut-in and all that. He invites me to a house party, tells me there will be grills and stuff. I get scared by so much social stuff at once and completely ghost on him. He sends me a SMS asking me if I'm alright. I never reply. Now if I see him in the street, I will switch the side of the street.
>>
>>16557823
Yeah that's no good. You should go and hang out with him! I feel that shut in pain, but it's more worth it to be social I think.
>>
>>16557841
It's been more than 5 years now. It's over, there is nothing to scrape.
>>
>>16557860
Have you been able to make friends in other ways, excluding people you used to know?
>>
Suck his dick; should break the tension.
>>
>>16557546
be honest,
something like/or whatever:

"yeah bro i had a hard time meeting people, I worked with this geriatric crew they were alright and all, it's just that I stayed home all the time. life got a bit weird and ahead of me. I'm a little bit fucked up socially but I'm happy as fuck to see you again."

seriously, something honest. so that if your friend is cool and a friend from way back when ought to be cool, he should keep things in check and be helpful. like he might say "relax be cool, it's just some girl" or whatever.
>>
>>16557808
>>16557808
okay dude but that pic is like the cutest fucking plate ever? where is it from
>>
>>16557988
Sounds like a good idea. Being straight up about the situation sounds smart.
>>16558275
I found it from a greentext story about a guy that bought his wedding plates and his to be wife got pissed because of the bee plates. You can find them on amazon, but they're really expensive...For plates, anyway.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.