[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /r9k/, i really need some help... for the last couple years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x427
hey /r9k/, i really need some help...

for the last couple years at high school ive been procrastinating and didnt do any ACT tests until now, in my senior year, 3 months away from the due date for college applications.

the test is tomarrow and i dont know how well ill do, and i need any help i can get..

is it anything similar to the asvab? i scored in the 81st percentile, but thats not exactly the same as being scored against others in the state

i cant fuck this up guys...any tips will help, especially things you learned when you took yours
>>
>hey /r9k/

This is /adv/ learn to read faggot.
>>
>>16557420
Do you do well in school?
>>
>>16557426
sorry i copy/pasted pretty hastily... still any advice? please?
>>
>>16557434
yeah, i have a 3.6 gpa at the moment but my classes really arent as hard as the classes i took as a sophomore and junior
>>
tis my first time taking it tomorrow too. i just took the SAT last weekend and from what I've seen there aren't too many difference between the SAT and ACT. best of luck to you OP, most of what the tests cover are basic concepts you've more than likely already learned during your high school career. ACT has some trig and logarithms in the math portion though, so you may want to study those a bit if you haven't taken trigonometry.
>>
I managed to get an 87% on my midterm without studying a bit but I only did because I constantly reviewed the material the weeks before hand relentlessly.

If the ACT is tomorrow, then you are completely screwed. No amount of hurried studying and last minute half assed notes will actually get you prepared for it.

How someone is so fucking stupid to not see this coming is beyond me and quite frankly the utter irresponsibility on your part shows me giving you advice will be fruitless.

Man up and face the music for your lazy stupidity.
>>
>>16557446
also if you entirely fuck up you still may have a chance to take it again before college applications are due. look into when the next test date is and STUDY. not so much what will be on the test, just how the test works and what concepts you aren't very strong on.
>>
File: Smeet_in_a_tube.png (374 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Smeet_in_a_tube.png
374 KB, 640x480
Get your usual amount of sleep. That's the best advice for the night before the test.
>>
http://www.erikthered.com/tutor/act-facts-and-formulas.pdf

You fucked up, take a practice test and study that pdf above. Learn about the advanced math on the ACT, because the less advanced stuff is, well, easier, and you have a greater chance of doing better on that. There's trig and advanced algebra. I suggest starting there.

You can always take it again though. try your best and dont stress.
>>
>>16557458
after looking at that, this might not be too hard after all...unless its packed full of logarithms...those take me a while to do when theyre somewhat irregular
>>
>>16557458

Anon who are you kidding me. He has to learn how to do these, get sufficient at doing them consistently and then practice until he could do them quickly enough.

There is simply no time. As >>16557451 anon mentioned, his best bet is to take it again.

OP just do your best, memorize the format of it and then practice everyday preparing for the next one.
>>
>>16557512
I never said he'll do really well, I just said these are the best quick study tips.
>>
>>16557519

He wants to do well. Pretty sure

>i cant fuck this up guys

is a desperate cry for help.
>>
>>16557534
Oh. well that's the best he can do. sorry op you dun fucked up.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.