[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /adv/. Recently I have noted a significant decrease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: vmBnAIS.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
vmBnAIS.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Hello, /adv/.

Recently I have noted a significant decrease in interest whilst conversing with a (female) friend of mine (the assessment is based upon how substantive a message is, incorporation of emoticons, exclamation marks, et cetera), and such has been pervading my thoughts for the last few weeks.

Regarding social acceptability, would it be considered proper conduct to inquire as to why this perceived lack of interest has transpired? The predominate reason for this questioning is due to the frequent ascription of positive traits (to me) and pleasure derived from discussing, and the instantaneous reduction of such without a stimulus or occurrence that would promote an emotional shift.

Thank you for any advice.
>>
why are you talking like that, what the fuck is wrong with you? anyways, sure, go ask your mommy why she does not love you any more you dumb fucking baby.
>>
>>16556667
stop writing like a fag and tell us instead
>how well do you know each others/how close you two are
>did you insult her somehow recently or did something that could've make her jealous
>is it possible he's just busy or got a bf?
>>
1) We conversed via social media quite frequently, and we attended a few events together.
2) There was nothing I said that would have explicitly caused offence, though it is a possibility (especially with the lack of inflection through texting) that she misconstrued a message.
3) I doubt business would extend for several weeks, and I can guarantee it is not due to a significant other.

Thank you.
>>
>>16556690
Maybe she misunderstood you. The best thing to do is to basically ask her what's wrong because she started acting distant. Dunno how your friendship looks like but I got a girl giving me a cold shoulder because some other girl kept posting shit on my fb wall and it made my friend jealous.

But your girl may be just busy or depressed, try asking what's wrong
>>
>>16556729
I appreciate the comments greatly -- thank you. Is there a specific method you would recommend to perform this task, or would a simplistic 'what is wrong?' prove sufficient? Should I reference prior conversations and how our current conversations seem diminished and lacking interest?
>>
>>16556732
>'hey anonette, I noticed lately you act kinda distant, what's wrong, are you angry with me for some reason?'

literally that's it
>>
>>16556729
The reason I ask about referencing is due to our previous conversations (typically pertaining to theology, politics, and various interesting topics) were quite enjoyable.
>>
>>16556737
Is including the possibility of anger necessary? It seems as though it would increase the probability of defensiveness.
>>
>>16556690
Judging by the way you type you are probably really boring to communicate with online, very reserved and unopinionated and not a very good conversation.

Your gimmick of formality and erudition are probably pathetic attempts to stand out, but in reality they make you seem rigid, controlled, and conservative. That is, boring as fuck.
>>
>>16556774
Damn Let the nigga impress people on 4chan
>>
>>16556776
I do not see the purpose of attempting to 'impress' others on 4chan; it is an anonymous website that features users who typically reciprocate negatively to my typing style.
>>16556774
Interesting observations. The descriptors you have used are quite antithetical to my personality (exempting being perceived as 'boring', as that is highly dependent on the recipient).
>>
>>16556796
K well if you're wondering why she quit the convo it's because you type like that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.