[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want more knowledge. What are some good things to know at 21
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 132016565.jpg (125 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
132016565.jpg
125 KB, 500x375
I want more knowledge. What are some good things to know at 21 years old that will help me now and later in life?
>>
I've been told that if you like a girl you have to ask her out ASAP. Not sure if it always applies though.
>>
>>16556147
Knowledge comes through experience.

>be honorable
>keep your word
>don't take anything for granted
>take opportunities when they present themselves
>learn and read on a variety of subjects
>learn to, sew, garden and fix things
>>
Learn skills, life is a competition. Almost everyone who isn't a real close friend is a rival. But you must act as if you think they aren't while secretly knowing you must be better than the rest to accomplish things. Everyone is a vicious predator that wants to be better than the rest, and you either compete and win or you die.
>>
>>16556182
Naw that's not the way to live.
A lot of people simply aren't competetive. Indeed, they loose, but atleast they're genuine. If you are genuinely friendly, you will be respected and people will like you.

Always be genuinely friendly. You act the same as if you're not genuinely friendly, but at least you enjoy life and don't start seeing black everywhere.
>>
>>16556264
Oh, sorry for double post. On top of that; work on skills, explore life, study etc. Deinstall netflix. Read books. Think (this includes 4chan). Party. Do drugs. Travel. Work. Life is fuckin' massive, man. You get the unique chance to experience it.

Obama runs 'murica with 24 hours in a day. You should be able to do cool stuff too.
>>
Read more books. Stop watching TV. Get in the habit of asking questions and seeking answers. Keep an open mind. Be honest and open with the opposite sex. Try everything at least once. Don't compare your life to the lives of others. Get frequent exercise by walking more. Try ever food at least twice.

When you become old, do not become set in your was. Become wise without getting rigid, and others will seek you out for guidance.
>>
File: 1448080306601.jpg (15 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1448080306601.jpg
15 KB, 693x693
>>16556182
Jesus what a mindset to live by. Must be a miserable world you live in.
>>
File: 0b8.gif (2 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
0b8.gif
2 MB, 320x287
This thread somehow manages to be both fake AND gay.
>>
>>16556147
Ask questions. I write down all the little shit questions in my head that could be answered on Google later in the day. For wisdom and giving advice, listening and patience are what you want to focus on.
>>
>>16556264
>>16556286
He's probably working at WallStreet.
>>
lol @ the people saying >>16556182 is bad advice.

Lie, cheat, steal. Do whatever the fuck it takes to be on top, and never forget that you're #1. Have some sympathy and be kind of course, but don't take second best when it comes to your well being. Narcissistic, psychopathic type qualities aren't necessarily bad like these softies would have you believe. Always fight for your fucking right.

My bank was billing me for using debit more than my monthly allotment (which I wasn't aware of at the time). When I found out, I wrote an email to complain and was directed to my branch customer service. Went in, spoke to the guy, and plead my case - and voiced my disappointment. Contractually, as he explained, I was stuck as I'd agreed to the terms, but when I started to act a bit angry, he gave me a $30 credit into my account. Even then, I played the whole "Well, this isn't quite what I wanted shit." but you can bet your ass when I got outside I was excited. Guess who's got $30 more than somebody who didn't fight for it?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.