[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saoirse tattoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 151-5182_img_large.jpg (66 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
151-5182_img_large.jpg
66 KB, 500x667
I had this idea for a tattoo, "Saoirse" on my forearm. *Not like in the picture.

I kinda want a general consensus. I've thought about it a lot but would this be something that is alright to ink on my arm?

Also, first tattoo general advice?
>>
File: 1333445388570.jpg (20 KB, 406x395) Image search: [Google]
1333445388570.jpg
20 KB, 406x395
So long as you plan on living in a trailer park or exclusively traveling in low or no-class circles, tattoos on your forearm are a great idea. But kiss the possibility of gainful careers goodbye and embrace working for the people who work for me.
>>
File: poor.jpg (108 KB, 1181x897) Image search: [Google]
poor.jpg
108 KB, 1181x897
>middle class pretending to have money detected
>>
>>16555781
You're talking about tattoos in general? I don't live in a trailer park or even a trashy neighborhood. I'm doing better off than most of my classmates (with the exception of a few). although I do have a blue collar job. I am fully aware that I have little room to move up in the world already so I'm not really restricting myself.
>>
File: derailed.jpg (122 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
derailed.jpg
122 KB, 992x558
Well, thanks for the advice, guys. Good talk............................
>>
>>16555781
>how can you get your drone-job if you have tattoos anon?
>>
Why do you want a name? Is it a loved one?

My first tattoo was a subtle memorial for a loved one, and I still love it.
>>
>>16555756
I seriously hope you're Irish and praising the independence of your nation, because if you're getting a tattoo for a girl you're pathetic.
>>
>>16555855
>>16555870
It's not for a girl and that's part of the problem I have with this one. I'm worried people will think it's about a girl (although I'd assume people would ask if they were curious enough). I'd never get a tattoo for a girl. Saoirse is Gaelic for freedom. The name comes from the word.
>>
>>16555870
Oh. I'm also not Irish. Irish heritage, yes... But not actually born in Ireland. which is kind of why I settled on this. I should say the main reason I was getting it on my inner forearm is to cover scars. Stupid emo kid bullshit from my mid teens.
>>
>>16555756
>>I want something branded on me for life
>>not sure if I like it enough
>>
Personally, I didn't know what Saoirse was. I looked it up and saw it was a name, and that an actress had that name, so I assumed you were getting it for her. You could get "Freedom" in English tattooed if you want the meaning to be clear, but that would look really faggy. I'm not a fan of text tattoos in general, so if you want something that represents your Irish heritage I recommend a symbol of the culture. Also, if you're already having doubts about it, that's probably a sign that it's a bad idea for a tattoo.
>>
>>16555924
I'm not worried about liking it. Read what I actually said.

>>16555936
I was more or less asking about the word's acceptability. Part of the reason I wanted this was, like you said, just having the word freedom would look gay as fuck. And second that it wasn't totally apparent to everyone, that someone interested enough would ask and get it then. Or if they didn't care enough to ask then oh well.
>>
>>16555953
>>16555881
>>16555900
If you like it, go for it. Stop caring about what other people will think, it's just a tattoo.
>>
>>16555954
Yeah I guess so. Prolly easier to get it done for myself and not give a fuck about the word itself or what people think of me. Ha.
>>
File: 1413616705632.jpg (42 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1413616705632.jpg
42 KB, 500x364
>>16555957
In a week OP will make a regret thread.
>>
File: tattooed_sailor.gif (99 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tattooed_sailor.gif
99 KB, 540x540
>>16555756
Getting a tattoo with a name on your forearm looks silly. If you're going to get art on your arm, do it right.
>>
Your first tattoo should never be a word, and especially not a name.
Find a nice geometric shape and work from there.
>>
IMO words look dumb as fuck and white trashy. Get something that looks badass and you'd actually get compliments on. With some random fucking irish word tattooed on your wrist people are just going to think it's weird.

Like maybe I could understand if it has strong meaning for you, but it really doesn't. Weak tattoo, weak reasons. You'll definitely regret getting that.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.