[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got into uni. Was talking with other friends about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
So I just got into uni. Was talking with other friends about it today and both of them seemed to get cut and depressed (probably because their NEETS). One of them turned around to me and stated that I would have to put a lot of effort in and thinks that I would not succeed and looked like they were both cut. Why wouldnt they be happy for me instead of act like this?
>>
File: poison-dart-frog-blue.jpg (926 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
poison-dart-frog-blue.jpg
926 KB, 1600x900
Disappointment. Also, as NEETs they simply do not have the imagination to get what healthier people are capable of doing.
>>
>>16555503
>get cut

What the hell does that mean?
>>
>>16555513
cut
meaning they were depressed or sad about it
>>
Anyone do psychology and understand why people are like this?
>>
I have a NEET friend like this. Eventually I just stopped talking to him about my accomplishments and goals etc. It was just fucking annoying to have to hear "are you sure that's best? Are you sure you can do it?" every. Damn. Time. I think it's impossible for neets to understand what humans are capable of lol
>>
who cares, six months from now you'll have completely replaced them in your life (and trust me, this is for the best)
>>
>>16555503
YOU CAN DANCE IF YOU WANT TO. YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS BEHIND BECAUSE IF THEY DON'T DANCE AND IF THEY DON'T DANCE THEY THEY'RE NO FRIENDS OF MINE
>>
Basically they are negative and don't know very much. Most are just clueless with bad life experience, but some are genuinely stupid (as in mentally limited).
>>
>>16556700
Its crazy what reactions I get by my NEET friends.
>got told that I wouldn't be able to go to the gym with him because I'd be too busy studying a degree
lol
>>
>>16556717
Well Ive known these people for more than 15 years, close to 20, I wouldn't of thought they were irreplaceable but its quite obvious how much they're trying to drag me down
>>
>>16555503
I do psychology and from what I've read so far, I can almost guarantee you that you NEET friends are jealous as fua.
Im only first year so I can fully tell without seeing it but you need to cut them off OP
>>
>>16556898
Or you can just not talk to them about these things that are creating conflict and move onto different topics. However if they keep bringing it up then no reason to have them around.

I have only one friend who could be considered a NEET, and the friend is the exact opposite of your friend and is very supportive, though more self depreciating. I think it's not really a problem with being a NEET than being jealous and/or insecure, which affects 'normal' people as well.
>>
>>16556748
I heard this a lot too

I'm thinking of going to the gym more
>but you're in school and working how is that even possible?

I'm going to university
>are you sure you're not gonna flunk out and waste all of your time, its expensive aren't you worried about being in debt for the rest of your life, is that even a marketable degree etc

Also >but I don't want you to leave me, I don't wanna be alone here, don't move

Encounter a minor problem and need support from a friend
>welp better move back to our hometown so we can hang out all the time, guess being on your own just isn't right for you
>>
>>16557156
This has only been happening the last couple of months because I just got into uni. But one of them continues to make comments about me being at uni and tries to instigate an argument. He even gives death stares at times and I fail to see how it is necessary or why he would do that, I cant figure out how he wants me to react or what he wants out of it, its crazy
>>
>>16557171
hhahaahha holy crap that is exactly what I hear I don't get what is wrong with people
>>
>>16555503

THEY'RE*. sorry how did you get into college?
>>
>>16557193
a bridging course
>>
>>16557185
It's just CONSTANT fucking negativity, it drives me crazy and makes it damn near impossible to have a pleasant conversation like damn

Like I understand depression... I understand how shitty it makes you feel about your own life but there is no reason to be pessimistic about my life too.
>>
>>>/b/656892611
Help us save her guys. We only have a few hours left
>>
>>16557196
I know you have been friends with these guys for awhile, but you should seriously consider limiting your contact with them from now on. Misery loves company, and these guys will try to pull you back down to their level. They don't like that they are 'losing you' and this is their fucked up way of trying to keep the status quo of your friendship going. Don't let them get to you, you have potential and you will not be happy if you don't succeed here. A truly good friend would be happy for you.
>>
>>16556898
its a tough call
I think envy and jealousy are just part of human nature
it can be tough to deal with a good friend "moving up" meanwhile they seem to get "left behind" certainly you used to be on the same "level" for a long time but not anymore
ironically this is especially true for close friends because inevitably you are eachothers peer-group (group of reference)
its quite normal for them to feel that way albeit different people deal with those things in different ways
give them some time if it keeps being an issue then try talking about it openly and if that doesnt help cutting them out is your best choice
most importantly - dont hold back on your own dreams, just do what you want to do and you'll find out who your true friends are
>>
>>16557180
They are the ones that have some insecurity issues. If you've been friends for 15 years as you said, talk it out. If the person is being a little bitch about it even after trying to discuss it diplomatically, then just give them the cold shoulder until they mature up. Otherwise, too much BS for you to mess with I think, because you really can't do much more if they aren't willing to be diplomatic about it through words.

Alternatively you can just talk less to them and avoid a direct confrontation if you feel that is better, which amounts to a cold shoulder.
>>
>>16557311
Im actually going crazy here
>>
Can someone tell me why he meant with the death starring? if its not over the uni stuff what the hell would it be?
>>
>>16557612
Insanity? Is he diagnosed with a mental illness?
>>
Everyone who is unsatisfied/insecure with themselves gets jealous or hateful to someone who is more successful (not always but sometimes). Why do you think same classes befriend each other? Why do you think famous people like to hand with other famous people? Not everyone is like this but as you get older and as you gain wealth you reailze people are insecure about their job, their wealth etc.
But not everyone is like this, there are some people who are just satisfied with themselves and their lives no matter how much money they have, how good their body looks, how hot their wife is...it doesn't matter to do them any they feel happy overall.

NOW
you as an individual just need to feel satisfy with your achievements and if no one notices or someone try to bring you down you need to A. ignore them or B. prove them wrong. This sounds pity but the world is filled with people who hate you because you are you no reason at all. You can't stop and feel bad about yourself because some mentally unstable individual decided they are going to ruin your day because they hate you for no reason.
I lived with roommates who just hated me for no reason, I had people treat me like shit for no reason and looked down on me for being me. What can you do? I could have cried and felt sorry for myself or I could have keep doing me and what I thought was right.
Never let other's determine how to feel or how to live life because at the end these people who are being hateful are just mentally insecure people trying bring you down to their level.

do you f.am and my advice is get new friends because friends should support each other to become healthy mentaily and socially aka stop being NEETS and they should get off their asses and apply for uni or a job themselves
>>
>>16557846
famous people like to hang with other famous people***
doesn't matter to do them at all as they feel happy overall***
This sounds petty but the world is filled***
you are you and no other reason at all****

sorry for the mistakes it's like 3 am here
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.