[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Numerical Analysis help desperately required
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I need to know if any of you know numerical analysis well enough to help me with my work, or to at least point me in the right direction. An essay and labs forced me to neglect this and now it's the night before. It's due at 5pm tomorrow and I need to do three problems.

I'll post the first one. If it rings a bell for anyone please help.

I'm fucking desperate at this point, this class is not my forte.

Pic related, it's #1.
>>
>>16554800
I'm really fucking sorry OP
Even if i did study all night i wouldn't have the amassed knowledge of a whole semester.
I don't think i can help you.
Sometimes failure is the only way out.
>>
>>16554800

Use Chegg if you can. It will cost you 9.99 but they may have the answers to your exact problems if they're out of a textbook. IF not the exact problems possibly ones similar enough to reverse engineer a solution.
>>
>>16554844
I'm not gonna have that huge of an impact on my grade, but holy shit this stuff is impossible. I can't conceptualize it at all. Fucking christ I hate it because I don't even need this for my major, I dug my own grave taking this course as a technical elective.
>>
>>16554857
I'll give it a look and report back if I find something.
>>
>>16554864

Godspeed OP.

>>16554844

Fuck you I can do it. I only have to write a doublespaced 4 page essay on critical thinking about a problem in life, a list of 7 items for immediate, 5 year, and 10 year plans, and 12 journal entries that are 2 paragraphs each reviewing chapters out of the textbooks. APA citations on everything.

I've written 8 page papers with MLA formatting in 4 hours and built a working handheld coilgun for a senior thesis in two weeks.

I CAN do this.
>>
Ok, OP here, what I know now is that it is called Boole's Rule. I need to figure out how to derive it.

I have what I am supposed to derive, but no idea how to do so.
>>
>>16554876

Dude, calculus is a bitch and that shit looks evil. Any help from chegg?
>>
>>16554876
So, on the 5 nodes, just find the Lagrange interpolating polynomial (it will be 4th degree).

Integrate it, using the nodes as the limits. Simplify. That is basically it. Error term comes out as the last term.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Newton-CotesFormulas.html

They do the example in the 2 node and 3 node case.
>>
>>16554905
I-I will try.

This cold isn't helping matters.
>>
>>16554905

Also the fact that the approximation is order 5 comes from applying Taylor's theorem to get a bound on the derivatives, so that the error (-8/945)h^7f^(6)(\xi) is O(x^6).

I hope this helps (?) Also what text are you using?
>>
>>16554915
I think I know how to do part of it now. Maybe.
>>
>>16554915
I've derived it, but I don't know how to do the second part of /a/. I don't know why but my brain is hitting a wall trying to figure out how to get it to approximate something. I don't know. I'm sorry.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.