[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sick of my soft cozy life. The comfort of small town
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I'm sick of my soft cozy life. The comfort of small town and suburbs isn't worth the adverse effect it has on your brain and body. If I run away to the ghetto of a big city is it possible to rough it out on the streets? No more skinnyfat body, no more social anxiety, no more depression and sleeping days on end.

Like bootcamp but with a purpose. I don't need to be like a bompton blood gang shooter but at least be able to hold my own in a shitty ghetto and not have suburban pussy shelter vibes
>>
>>16554771

Why not do something productive and interesting instead?
>>
Doing that will only make you worst.
>>
I live in the "ghetto" as you call it and in all my years I have not ever been called out to fight never been stoped by a gang member, mugged,assaulted, im dont dress with fucking socks up to my knees and shit like that if you do decide to move for any reason whatsoever im @ least 80% sure nothing will happen to you I live in south central LA btw
>>
Keep in mind a trial by fire could completely fail and you would probably be worse off than now. Don't overly romanticize the big city. Grass is always greener etc.
>>
I think we all know big cities are better
>>
>>16554771
Go innawoods/innadesert instead. Much quieter, less chance of getting mugged/stabbed/shot/raped, and you will gain an appreciation for the natural world
>>
File: 1438324455692.jpg (167 KB, 1076x1306) Image search: [Google]
1438324455692.jpg
167 KB, 1076x1306
>>16554771
Or go to one of those boot camp type things that ex soldiers do that'll toughen you up a bit I've done one of those they aren't as intense as the real thing but pretty damn intense and you don't run the risk of getting shot by a gang banger
>>
>>16555250
That won't five me the skills I want that's just push ups and pointless suffering
>>
>>16555377
what skill do you think you do need then? handing over your wallet? getting shot? getting your house broken into?
>>
>>16555377
Then join the military for real.

Do you really think that obesity and mental illness don't exist in the ghetto? Are you THAT out of touch? Suburbia has its toxic aspects, yes, but the ghetto offers nothing to cure them. You'll garner some animosity as a gentrifier, but not enough to be worth the trouble, and so nothing will change except that you'll be living in the ghetto.

You think that a change in environment will do you good. I agree with that sentiment, as far as it goes: I recently went through a big change myself, and it has done wonders. But it has to be the right kind of change, or it won't work. The ghetto is not what you need.
>>
>>16555432
No I want to be cool and tough and be able to hold my own and talk without nervous shaky anxiety

Not shave my head and be yelled at
>>
>>16555439
so? why would poor and drugged people be easyer to talk to?
if you want to talk to talkative drugged people go to a rave!
how on earth would living in s fucked up place with people you have even less connection with make you more social?
>>
>>16555448
The only way to be tough is to be on the streets of a big city with nothing
>>
>>16555467
how old are you?
>>
This is bait btw. Thought everyone would have wised up by now, but no, /adv/ is the easiest prey on the Internet
>>
>>16556634
>>16556634

>bait
>a legitimate possibility with no controversial or politically incorrect implications

how exciting and sneaky of you...zzZZzzzZZzzzz
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.