[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to stop being afraid of engaging in conversations with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: RasmusArtwork.png (316 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
RasmusArtwork.png
316 KB, 500x500
I want to stop being afraid of engaging in conversations with attractive women and I want to be more confidence when I do engage, how can I manage this?

I go to college and like 55% of the people there are girls my age.
>>
Talk to unattractive girls first
>>
>>16554342

buddy if it's time for you to talk to attractive girls, they usually talk to you first

nobody wants that weird guy just randomly talkng to them all of a sudden
>>
>>16554345
I find that pretty easy even though I don't do it often but that's a numbers issue, haven't had many unattractive ones to talk to.

>>16554351
I've had some try to do so actually but that was a while ago. Also, how am I going to get better if I just hope someone approaches me?
>>
>>16554345
Never talk to unattractive girls first. Always talk to pretty girls first because it makes you more valuable in the eyes of other girls. Dont be afraid of the pretty girls if they are a bitch and wont even let you talk to them, then they probably look like a bitch to others.
>>
>>16554380
When and where should I talk to girls?

My friends tried to get me to talk to every random girl that walked by the hall we were at a few days ago but that seemed very awkward.
>>
Help
>>
>>16554342

ever hear the phrase 'fake it til you make it'? its entirely accurate and entirely true.

the way it works is you PRETEND to have confidence, basically you are acting, and though you may talk to 100 girls, ONE might actually believe your confident. the fact that your 'act' worked, makes you more confident in the act itself. so you get REAL confidence in doing that.

that being said, here are other tips

>use your surroundings to your advantage

unless your approaching strangers out of fucking nowhere, your surroundings should give you some clue as to what you are talking about. you mention college, so talk about the college. even if you dont have a specific class, just bring up 'oh what are you majoring in?' and local events. even better, if you can notice anything on their person (buttons, pins, graphic tees, etc) talk about that (also a good way to approach them). this owrks better for nerdy girls than anything else.

>be assertive

people think this means be a dick, or be aggresive. not the same thing. girls like men who are sure of themselves. guys who say 'what do i have to do to win you over?' never win over the girl. guys who do something purely random but romantic DO win the girl.

but boiling that down to just talking, know what you are saying. dont sound unsure. dont sound like you need her validation. get right up to that point where you are almost lecturing her. TELL her whats up. even if she wont find you attractive, she will respect you. an extension of this: dont be afraid to disagree. this goes for talking to anyone. disagree with people, eve nif its a big divisive issue, but make it out like it doesnt matter.

>be funny

but dont be a clown. no girl dates a clown. being too funny too often makes a girl see you as a clown. also never use self depreciating humor.
>>
>>16554388
Theres really no certain time, try doing what you like and try to find some chicks there, also yes standing in the hall.
What do you like to do?
>>
>>16554417
This guy has it!
>>
>>16554424

whats worse is im actually a gay guy who has never even had sex with a girl or flirted with one or anything like that. i came out in middle school. i mean i guess its not THAT different with dudes, but we mostly say "dtf"? and thats all i have to worry about
>>
>>16554423
When I'm at school I like studying and listening to music in the cubicles at the library. I suck.

>>16554417
Thanks for this, really.
>>
>>16554459
Everyone sucks you just have a different flavor
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.