[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend and his roommate hosted their first college party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
My boyfriend and his roommate hosted their first college party last night and served beer to some minors. I told him he was stupid and could have risked getting a ticket and his response was just about him not needing to hear this from me because I used to get drunk and go to parties when I was under 21. Then he attempted to convince me that everything was fine because he doesn't drink, made sure nobody went home drunk and checked in with his neighbors, but I still think he is fucking retarded.

What do I do? He won't fucking listen to me
>>
Honestly letting minors drink in your house is more shitty for social reasons than legal ones. That being said, let him learn the hard way. Seems to be your only option.
>>
Anon you used to drink underaged? What right do you have to tell him not to sell drinks to kids underaged?

No wonder he blew you off, you have no moral ground to question his actions you underaged drinker.
>>
Your boyfriend is a massive loser by the sounds of it.
>>
>>16553544
Yeah, OP's bf is a closet pedo for letting kids drink at his party.
>>
>>16553527
wtf is wrong with you, 99% of college parties have people under 21 drinking there.
>>
Did you forget what college is? I mean since you drank underage as well I'm guessing you do.

Sounds like to me you're just being a bitch.
>>
>>16553527
seriously? You really think people must be 21 in order to drink? Like some magic shit happens at 21?

You know that drinking age is only 21 in the US and kazakhstan? All other countries have it lower, except some african shitholes. It's just a stupid thing from puritanism and the prohibition era.

Personally I hate alcohol, I don't drink and think people shouldn't drink. But if you're old enough to drive, vote, and have sex, you sure as hell are old enough to decide to get drunk.

You're being silly op
>>
It's not his job to listen to you. You tried to help him. He didn't want the help.

What do you do? Decide whether this is something you can live with because it's not going to change, since
a) it's in the past now, and
b) he's made up his own mind.
>>
I'm female and I feel you're being a massive, cuntish hypocrite.

My largest contrast to your bullshit, "underaged" shit is that men and women are allowed to decide to give their lives to kill religious extremists in the Middle East, yet they aren't of sound and mature enough mind to decide whether or not to drink. That kind of reasoning is baseless and immature.
>>
Not OP but this is strange. Why are all of you arguing the legal philosophy rather than the legal reality? Even if OP does think the law should stay the way it is, the point is that it IS already that way. She's saying it's dumb to risk the crazy ramifications of being caught boozing up minors for the benefit of hosting a college party.

On a scale of 1-10, how fundamentally critical would you call your first college party for the happiness with your current life? Now on a scale of 1-10, how fundamentally ruinous would you think it'd be had the host of that party been arrested, charged and fined so far up the ass that his children would have their wages garnished? Compare those numbers.
>>
>>16553624
It was actually changed from 18 to reduce drunk driving, but yes deinkong responsible is more important
>>
Why weren't you this responsible when you were getting shitfaced underage?

I mean he didn't even drink when hosting a party and even went the extra mile to make sure with his neighbors. Its a college town you retarded bitch, everyone serves beer to minors and gets away with it.
>>
If they were above 18, there is absolutely no problem with serving alcohol to them. The legal age in the U.S. is ridiculous.
>>
Sometimes, people just have to learn the hard way. You said your piece, now let it rest.
>>
>>16553540
What logic is that? He's not asking the kids to not underage drink, he's asking his adult friend to not provide them the space to do so.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.