[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips on how to convince people that god doesn't exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Tips on how to convince people that god doesn't exist?
>>
Don't.
>>
File: practice.jpg (67 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
practice.jpg
67 KB, 460x460
gesture to a picture of Donald Trump
>>
>>16552156

Define 'God'.

Nigga could be anything.
>>
Why?
Maybe there is a god.
Maybe He's a cruel bastard who revels in death and violence.
Maybe He just tried to do good, but everything went to shit.
Maybe He doesn't care.
Maybe He's dead, just like dear Nietzche feared.
>>
Don't, because you're wrong.
>>
Because christianity is filled with lies.

Like Santa Claus, a made up figure used to replace Odin from the asir faith. Christmas is a replacement for the yuletide celebration and the midvinterblot.

Our weekdays are still named after the gods of the asir faith.
>>
>>16553139
Plus, Odin was hanging from a tree; Christ was, too, if albeit nailed to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 403x403
>>16552156
You can attack organized religion sure, but you can't argue the origins of the universe when you're a fedora fag who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. People who think they know with certainty that "God" doesn't exist are just as ridiculous as people who think they know woth certainty he does. I think atheism is just a natural rebellious response to being lied to and is a transition phase into mature agnosticism. Admit that there are some things that you don't know and can't know and quit being that obnoxious faggot on Facebook that posts faggot fedora shit
>>
ITT: people who take ironic meta memes seriously
>>
Why do you care about what people believe?
>>
>>16552156
I'm far from a religious person, but make a point to not shit on religious people unless directly provoked. They would have to say something fairly condescending to me to push my buttons.
>"You're going to hell, lulz!"

I would not recommend going through life, seeking out confrontation. Just take it easy and you'll be happier.
>>
>>16552156
Well OP, I happened to run across your post by chance, and I feel compelled to help people with this particular problem when I have a moment to share. It's a bit wordy, so you'll have to excuse me. There won't be a tl;dr at the end of this.

>But first, a little background to tell you where I'm coming from.
I was born and raised in a southern fundamental Christian cult. I'm not kidding. I was taught a lot of lies at a young age by the people that were supposed to care for me and love me the most. My family still lives in the compound where I was raised, they still believe all of the crazy shit they believed, and they still try to "reach out" to me, eight years later. Religion can be a disgusting and painful experience, and it can effect people's lives in the worst way.

That being said, you have to understand that you cannot force people to see things your way. Even though you may be approaching a discussion from a standpoint of rational thought and understanding, everyone has reasons for the things they believe or stand up for. You can't be upset with someone for trying to defend something that seems rational in their own mind.

But, what you can do is change your own perceptions and outlook on the discussions and debates you have with people. I'll give you some examples:
>>
>>16553671
A common point that creationists like to bring up, (That you happened to post) is that they feel there is a hole in the evolution theory because there is no living link between modern humans and our ancestors.

Now, this could certainly be used as the basis for a counterpoint or the fuse with which you can ignite argument. But there also shines an opportunity to probe into the thoughts of the individual. If we look past the "argument" and look at the person that you're talking to, you can learn a lot about our fears and misunderstandings. Don't try to educate or taunt them.

It is their human condition, and not a "stupidity" that guides them.

People are taught about the beliefs of their parents before they acquired critical thinking skills. They are indoctrinated (as we all are) from an early age to believe certain things that they feel are morally right and just. They are afraid of being persecuted as they get older and start to think for themselves. And they commit to a reward that has been promised to them by people they trust and respect in their communities.

>But there are deeper, more sincere implications at work here, and I understand that.
I'll explain what I mean by this...
>>
you can't, it will be a waste of time, and by the looks of it you will end up frustrated

don't waste your time

this "i'm right and you are not" mentality is childish and won't get you anywhere
>>
>>16553721
The frustration of having a debate with someone who has invested in different beliefs than you actually lies in the ultimate results of those beliefs.

What I mean is, people are taught by a community led by those that influence them. Pastors, priests, politicians, teachers... If you commit to studies in science, then you likely see scientists as these sort of figures. If your heart is in the right place, then your fear is that these people are using their communities to gain leverage and fight for their cause. An athiest believes this is the ultimate goal of religion.

It's really important that you understand the nature of your own concerns first, before you argue with anyone or tell them to act differently.

>I guess what I'm trying to say is, "You are responsible for your beliefs. Don't worry about educating anyone else unless there is an opportunity to teach. Most people don't want to be told that they are wrong about the fundamentals of their existence." And if you're just trying to start fights and come out on top, you'd have better luck with topics that are more tangible.
>>
>>16553751
THIS.
>>
Why did anyone take this post seriously? Fucking kek
>>
>>16552156
When was the last time a female showed any kind of romantic interest in you? How small is your penis?
>>
wear a fedora
>>
If God exists, why would god want gratification from a bunch of hypocritical ants who are only praising god with ulterior motives? I have yet to meet one believer who believes in a god based on the feasibility of being actual as opposed to an entity that gives you something in return for being a loyal follower (or punishes you if you fail to).

Regardless, we personify gods and interpret everything through our biased mindset that the universe works like humans do. Look to history: gods are metaphorical.

Nonetheless, religion confirmation biases and the placebo effect seem to work well together. I also think that trying to convince someone who has conviction in their beliefs will just backfire and cause them to reinforce those beliefs to a greater extent.
>>
>>16552156
Do you mean Christian God doesn't exist, or that there is no creator of the universe?
>>
File: 7a9.jpg (54 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
7a9.jpg
54 KB, 600x480
ITT
>>
>>16552156
>Maybe He's dead, just like dear Nietzche feared.
"God is dead" Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead" God, 1900

Only one of the above sentence is true. Can you guess which?
>>
>>16552156
Don't try because it's pointless. It also isn't your responsibility to convince someone either way. Feel free to tell someone your reasons for your beliefs if it comes up, but don't impose on anyone else's, even of their ideas make them a pussy. Because that would make you a dick. And pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks and so on and so forth
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.