[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To any Catholics on this board. How do I become catholic. Scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
To any Catholics on this board.

How do I become catholic. Scared to talk to priest and I'm frightened to go inside of the church.

What do I do? I want to be a proper Christian man...
>>
Ex-catholic.
Call a church you're looking to join. Get a meeting with the priest. In my old diocese, you had to meet with the bishop. You go to Sunday school for like a year or something, not sure. You're then baptized and saved from everlasting hellfire. Hallelujah. Praise be.
>>
>>16552006

Grew up Roman Catholic.....

Fuck.that.shit.
>>
Formerly catholic. Talk to a priest.
Also, there's no harm in entering a church and participating in worship services OP, even if you haven't converted yet.
>>
>>16552006
>How do I become catholic

Why would you though? Honestly? As a person who was born and bred catholic I just don't understand why on earth you'd want to convert to catholicism? Looking back, catholicism is probably the most pompous and un-genuine form of Christianity there is. If I could choose, I'd choose to be a protestant. Stays truer to the faith IMO
>>
>>16552191
OP here i disagree I was born and raised prodestant and i see more prodestants in my area behaving like godless shit heads recently, all of the Catholics that I know seem to be cool dudes, and after doing some research Catholicism seems to be what Christ originally intended for us Christians.

I may be wrong but these are my reasons for converting.
>>
>>16552213

I'm Catholic, though not a very good one these days. I guess one thing to remember is that the Church has its arms open even to the worst of the worst human beings. If you genuinely believe in what she teaches, there's nothing to be afraid of.
>>
>>16552213
Christ intended for us to be enlightened Jews you idiot

Read the book "A Depth of Beginning" its free online
>>
>>16552213
>behaving like godless shit heads recently
Are you retarded? This is not a problem of the religion, its a problem of the people. Every religion has "godless shit heads" in them, especially all branches of Christianity, ESPECIALLY the more popular ones.
>>
>>16552006
Fedora here, with Catholic background.

First thing is that you don't even need to be Catholic to go to inside of the church. Just do it, it's a building made for public access. And if you're going to be Catholic, you'll need to get used to the building anyway. [Just make sure there isn't a Mass at the moment, it can be awkward if you arrive late... ]

Second thing: ask the priest how to become Catholic, odds are he knows far better than us. It's just as chatting with a middle-aged man about his field of knowledge, no need to be scared. (And they usually get happy when someone takes interest in their religion.)

>>16552213
I bet you're from a place with a Protestant majority... the inverse discourse happens here in LatAm, people converting to Protestantism because "most Catholics they know behave like shitheads".

You might want to check some differences... here's a summary I think it would be useful for you.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_capr.htm
If you do think the Catholic view is better suited for you, I'd say go for it.
>>
Just chat with a priest, they are supposed to be nice to you. If you are quite young, say 20 or so, just go sit in church and maybe someone from a young people group will approach you. Also Catholics love it when they spot an outsider who seems interested.
Where I live at least it's all informal and it's not like you have to go through anything before you just start going there. Taking things slow is okay. Also check if there's some charity thing going on there, it might have a nice group to join.
>>
>>16552006
>raised Catholic
>went to private school all my life until college
>fuck loads of money hungry "Catholics"
>get confirmed because I believe in the teachings and good faith

It's something you have to deal with in any faith anon. People have a hard time following the rules and often bend them to make themselves think what they're doing is OK.
>>
File: 1448127233653.jpg (491 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448127233653.jpg
491 KB, 1600x1000
>What do I do? I want to be a proper Christian man
Then join the Greek church instead.

/thread
>>
>>16552607
What is that? Are they in the southern United States?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.