[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored To Tears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I'm 19 and I've always been called different. I'm getting bored not of everything and all I see ahead of me is the factory job that seems to cycle for every generation. Community college here is decent but what should I do? On a personal note I've about exhausted my options with girls and new/interesting people. I'm painfully bored and I wish I had direction but I lack interest so fuck it can anyone give me some guidance?
>>
>>16551931
Step 1: Git off 4chan
Step 2: Do something else.
>>
Roads to success:

Option 1: Military (enlist if you have no interest in leadership/higher education at this time, apply to an academy or do ROTC and you'll be an officer in 4 years)

option 2: trade school. Lots of good trades out there. The definition of honest work for honest pay. Electrician, elevator mechanic/technician, welder, and tower climbing seem like the best trades

option 3: school. STEM is always safe for a career. Medicine (nursing is a great career) is probably the best in STEM. Engineering is a grind, but good pay. Programming is really good if you're into computers. Outside of STEM, business is very safe as well, but boring. Humanities are usually not very good. Best jobs outside of that are social work stuff, criminal justice, HR, and graphic design stuff.

option 4: trap lord. meth synthesis isn't very difficult. psychedelic mushrooms don't require vast amounts of land and are somewhat easy to grow. you dont even need connection to sell on the darknet nowadays
>>
>>16551932
This is correct OP. 4chan is cyanide for success, you should go read a book or something.
I'm reading Dickens' Hard Times at the moment, it's about how retarded an ideology that Dickens disliked is.
>>
>>16551950
He'll just end up on /lit/ shitposting about Infinite Jest, the Greeks, and niche philosophers that the world has never heard of.

It's inevitable.
>>
>>16551931
At least your doing somthing
>>
Just focus on finishing community college for now. That's the base. Talk to school career counselors while you're there too. A lot of my friends at CC were walking around without direction and settled in when they went for help. Those people get paid to set people down the right path.
>>
>>16551931
only boring people get bored
>>
File: smugikuji.png (362 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
smugikuji.png
362 KB, 523x592
>>16551944
>business is very safe as well
>>
>>16551932

>OP asking for advice
>do the exact opposite
>>
>>16553212
>Talk to school career counselors while you're there too
>Those people get paid to set people down the right path

The advisers at my community college are downright useless. Any time I ask about credits transferring etc, they just have no fucking clue.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.