[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My college professor asked me out on a date. Is there any reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: clapping.gif (196 KB, 205x500) Image search: [Google]
clapping.gif
196 KB, 205x500
My college professor asked me out on a date. Is there any reason I shouldn't go do it?
>>
>>16551862
Don't shit where you eat.
>>
>>16551862
They could lose their job
>>
Do it, then sneak into their house and watch them sleep.
>>
Entanglement between your personal interactions with them and your grades. Makes you really really seriously dangerously easy to exploit.

You can go ahead once you don't have any more classes or projects or academic interactions with them at all.
>>
If you're still in their class, and you're interested, the date has to wait until after the semester and grades are done (else their job is at risk). Check your university policy, but that's generally how it works. Same with dating TAs (which I have done).

Otherwise, if you're not taking any more classes with them and you're interested, go for it.
>>
please don't be that girl. if anyone ever found out or if something happens he will get fired and you will forever be the school slut.
>>
>>16551862
do eet
>>
>>16551889
Fuck off. She's not a slut for going out with a guy who asks her out- professor or not.
Also, college instructors can't lose their jobs for dating students, unless the university specifically bans it (which most don't).

Jesus, check your facts you judgmental fuck.

(but seriously OP, you should probably wait til the semester ends- not for him, but for your own piece of mind.)
>>
>>16551919
I don't think that's what they ment.. He said people might think that if she went out with her professer during the class they didn't call her a slut
>>
>>16551862
You won't be the first student he's asked out and you won't be the last.
>>
>>16551862
Hey make the grade. Do what you gotta.
>>
If you like him go for it, there is no such thing as professional and personal entanglement you're both adults and know there's a time and place for both.
>>
>>16551919
read that post again
>>
>>16551862
Well besides conflict of interest in regards to bias on grading your papers.... You would know better than us... Is he married or some shit also? large age difference?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.