[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this girl I saw at my college.... I saw her at work a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: images.png (2 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 259x194
So this girl I saw at my college....

I saw her at work a few times (its a very laid back work environment). Icould see she was a quiet girl, and despite the fact that there were tons of guys around her (albiet they were nerdy guys) she seemed available. I knew I could strike up conversation with her easily and she might even talk to me first.

One day I had some spare time before I was to meet someone. So I decide to go position myself in a place where she would see me and if she didn't start talking to me, I would talk to her. I sit down, she starts talking to me and seems pretty enthusiastic about it. Likeafox.jpg we talk for a bit and i tell her I have to go and she tells me before I leave where to look up the schedule of everyone working there (including her of course). I leave.

A week passes, I finally see her again, she jumps up to talk to me. Once again, she's surrounded by guys who aren't talking to her but they're all taking to each other. Anyways in order to talk to me she stands in an awkward location in this group of people. We talk for a while and she gives me her contact info and as soon as she could she sent me the link to the work schedule hours posted online. She sends this tild along with each of her messages, and as I understand it it is supposed to mean flirty.

Anyways, I look at her Facebook and she has a bf.. And he goes to our college and visits her at work regularly..

I'm going to stop here to just get an assessment from you all about what you would think is happening in this situation. Any plausible assessments are welcome.
>>
She's a person with a weak sense of propriety at best and weak morals at worst. Neither of those end well for you.

If you like the attention, enjoy it. When it stops being worth the effort you walk away.
>>
>>16551600
So you're saying she was trying to cheat on her bf?
>>
>>16551605
Not necessarily. I'm saying that in the best case scenario, she's unaware of decent and considerate ways to act while in a relationship. That much is obvious from the fact that you're here telling the story and that you're not unreasonable in doing so. In the worst case scenario, she's aware that what she's doing is shitty and yet is doing it anyway for her own selfish motivations.

What are those motivations? No fucking clue. Maybe she loves attention. Maybe she does want to cheat. Maybe she genuinely gets off on fucking with your emotions. I'm not a mind reader. But the road to this point is already bad enough on its own. I would strongly advise against investing any emotion or expectation in this girl.

Feel free to enjoy the attention and enthusiasm if you like it. That's fine. But always have in the back of your mind an eye on how much this is costing you. Time, energy, opportunity with other girls, etc. Those things might come up as this situation evolves. The moment it's costing you more than you get back from the peppy attention she's giving you, bail.
>>
have you ever considered that this girl might just be talking to you because you're the only guy that seems friendly enough to chat to at her work? Like you said, all the other dudes chat amongst each other... Don't look too into it. She's taken, accept it, and be nice to her and not provocative
>>
>>16551612
I pretty much gave up the moment I saw she had a bf online, and then I thought about what I would have to do to nuture the situation to get it to go anywhere (cost). And I haven't had a spare moment in the past month to take 10 steps out of my way to talk to her.

I guess this pretty much solves my issue.

So.... How was your day Anon?
>>
>>16551618
Can't complain. I made some plans for the weekend, made good progress on a personal project after work, stuff like that. How's the semester going?
>>
>>16551615
I'm inexperienced with friends that are girls to say the least. What's the advantage to being friends with her? She's a lower classman.
>>
>>16551623
The semester is going well. I'm happier now that I've taken a more laid back approach to school. I'd love to work on some personal projects, but time doesn't allow. Hoping to do some traveling over the break, I'm pretty excited about that
>>
>>16551631
Yeah it's a good habit to get into. Recreation and entertainment are tempting uses of free time but they're just stifling. Plus I think people who feel unable to "get ahead" miss out on the value that pet projects can bring. I'm hoping to leverage mine in my career and work my way around having to dump time/money into grad school along a different track. Personal projects are cheaper.
>>
>>16551631
>>16551643
Oh I meant to ask, where are you traveling?
>>
>>16551624
>I'm inexperienced with friends that are girls to say the least.
I dunno anon, maybe the advantage of being friends with her is that you will get experience being friends with a girl?
>>
>>16551649
I'll be traveling to Asia. I have a lot of expat friends there and I haven't seen them in a while. They're unbelievably successful businessmen. I can't believe I know these guys and the fact that they're cool to hang around.

Plus the women in asia are beautiful and are far easier to talk to; I really appreciate the better attitudes. China seems to be the exception though. I don't think I'll ever travel there except for a money making opportunity.

About grad school, I have an instructor who has really been trying to sell me on it (and its kind of working; but I don't want them to know that). I know I could do it but I hear there's a lot of work to get in and I have many, many ideas I could work on in my free time and I think I'd be happier and more successful if I achieve those. Grad school will be a back up. Additionally, I haven't been caring about my GPA since I've interned twice and gotten a few job offers, I mean, I've already delivered the goods, how is school going to tell me I'm not good enough? So hopefully they're not going to try and tell me my GPA isn't good enough because I don't care and the reason its not in stellar shape is because I stopped trying hard. They'll be kidding themselves to factor that in; I'll just walk away.
>>
>>16551658
Op here, leaving thread now
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.