[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i move ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: new_york_city.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
new_york_city.jpg
523 KB, 1920x1200
so my gf is going to move aways with her mother to new york. she wants me to go with her. thats the other side of the country. i don't think her mother lilkes me too much. me and my gf have minimum wage jobs and live with our parents. Im not sure if i should go or not. I hate it here in this shit town but at least its safe right. I just don't know. I don't want her to leave either. any adviice ??
>>
Why is your gf moving with her mom to a strange city instead of the two of you getting your shit together and planning to move someplace together as a young couple starting out?

Come up with a not shitty answer to that and then we'll talk.
>>
>>16550955
New york local here don't go because of a girl unless you are sure you love here enough. Sure shit goes down here and there are so many beautiful girls but our culture is sex and consumerism to the max. We also have possibly the highest standard of living in the country and a lot of people with college degrees still work like slaves because of this.
>>
>>16550964

>highest standard of living

I think you mean highest cost of living.
>>
>>16550972
Both apply here in this case. Unless you want to reply with some bullshit argument that has nothing to do with ops post. Which I kinda feel coming.
>>
she says she can't leave her siblings, and her mother alone in NY.
>>
i don't think she should move
>>
>>16550987
>I can't leave my family that has each other alone
Bullshit it's most likely the other way around and she wants to check out the famous city of NY while she is at it.
>>
i feel like shes drawn there. because we live in a small town that has nothing going for it. SUPER boring peice of shit town.
>>
i dont wanna move to NY. i don't like it here in the small town imagine the city :l
>>
>>16550955
If you both are dependent on your parents then it doesn't sound like you have much choice. How old are you? There's a good chance it probably won't last anyway, especially under the stress and strain of moving to a new city, and/or breaking apart of a family, should you decide to move out together elsewhere.
Why is the family moving there, does she have a job lined up or something? There are plenty of other places to move to, it's an expensive city if you have no job prospects or marketable skills.
>>
Mother was offered a place to stay with her family, as a part of a new job. We are both 20. i don't think i wanna go with her to NY, but i don't wanna see her go. Its an annoying sittuation. Her mother wants to get away from her father because of the straighned relationship. So her parents are always fighting and stuff.
>>
She just bought me a wii u too :,( dang i feel bad.
>>
>>16551044
Move with her, experience life. Even if it doesn't work out you can look back and say you tried.

If you don't you'll regret it forever.
>>
>>16550955
first of all what is your age? and second of all you can go ahead but dont expect it to be some cool getaway. you will probably be forced to find another shitty job and work your ass off. and take it from a guy who did the same thing and moved to a big city from a town of 8000. Id say let her go imo and dont take the risk.
>>
>>16551865
Op says he's 20
>>
>>16550955
>>16550964
This. Brooklyn fag here born and raised. The city as in the 5 boroughs, is too expensive. If your not making serious bank then your basically a wage slave. To live here and be alive is a matter of money. Less money, less you get to do because that 8 percent tax. Out Public transportation, the MTA is a bunch of assholes who hike up the price for same shit service. Hipsters thrive here aswell as any lunatic. Think of NYC Manhatten as /b/. I think you should stay unless you see a future with her. If so, you will have to tough it out and believe me, you will have your fill on certain days.

Best describe living here as squeezing blood from a stone.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.