[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderline disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: I get lost inside my mind.jpg (68 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
I get lost inside my mind.jpg
68 KB, 500x673
Borderline disorder, how do you deal with it?
I find myself getting so so upset about things that literally don't mean anything.
>>
Want to be one of my pets?

I've heard I should get along swell with borderlines
>>
test
>>
Use cognitive behaviour therapy to (somewhat) control your fear of rejection and abandonment, which is the core of borderline

if small things are meaningful to you, then so be it
don't deny it, don't deny yourself, but be aware of the subsequent thoughts and behaviours which can damage your relationships with others
>>
>>16549960
>be aware of the subsequent thoughts and behaviours which can damage your relationships with others

This is exactly the issue, if my friends go somewhere without inviting me, I immediately start feeling abandoned. If my girlfriend doesn't have time to hang out or chat with me, I get sad and start thinking that she wouldn't like me anymore... I know that's not the case and I know how incredibly stupid this sounds. I just don't know why I'm still feeling like this.
>>
>>16550014
>I know how incredibly stupid this sounds

I understand what you mean, but try not to denigrate yourself, because that's a dead end

perhaps you are still feeling like this because you have made it a habit over the years to tear into yourself to make sense of a senseless world

over time thoughts like "she wouldn't like me anymore" can become "I am unlikable" if allowed to coalesce

breaking a thought like that apart and dispersing it takes time, time and kindness

be kind to yourself, even when you feel that the whole world is being cruel, even when you whisper to yourself that it might be justified in doing so
>>
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy is pretty much the best intervention. I work as a therapist. You can go to the NAMI website to find more information. CBt is not an effective intervention.
>>
>>16550053
thank you for the suggestion, this is very interesting
>>
>>16549946
icle
>>
>>16550045
I don't denigrate myself, I know that people like me. I have a lot of friends that I wouldn't trade for the world. They wouldn't be there for me if I wasn't important to them.

The mood swings are really rapid though. Even the smallest things can honestly ruin the day for me. Sometimes it's just if my friends don't respond to my texts after they read them. I know they might be busy with something and that's why they don't have the time to chat. The most ordinary things people do, even I do seem so offensive when others do it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.