[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bad counselor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1320258392536.jpg (81 KB, 660x550) Image search: [Google]
1320258392536.jpg
81 KB, 660x550
So I just had an appt with a new counselor and I ended up leaving the building crying. She made me feel like my problems weren't valid and she raised her eyebrows at me a lot. She also didn't even ask about my background really and just didn't seem compassionate at all. She kinda brushed med off and just gave me a checklist of things to do until the next appt.
I kinda blame myself, but I guess it just wasn't a good match. I talked to another counselor and she said it's never the patients fault blah blah blah but I still feel like shit.
I don't know if I'm just overly-emotional but she made me feel really bad. Should I report her? Maybe it's not just me and she does this to other people who are afraid to say something?

I don't know exactly what counselors are absolutely required to do, but I figure making you feel like shit isn't one of the things.

Anyway, now I'm sitting here feeling bad because I was really looking forward to getting some help and it went really shittily so I'm scared to even make another appt with someone else and am not expecting much anymore if its just me being emotional.

Anyone else have similar shit experiences feel free to share your stories.
>>
>>16549821
Dude, the counselor didn't make you feel like shit. The counselor only made you realize that you are shit. People don't go see counselors unless they're already broken, so you can't exactly blame her for breaking you. Here's an idea - take some responsibility. That will take you a lot farther than any counseling ever will.
>>
>>16549821

This happened to me too, I was referred to a psychologist by my doctor for anxiety and depression. Went to her for about 3 months and it was awful. She didn't take my problems seriously and also sent me off with tasks that didn't ease my problems every time. It was really unhelpful.

Finding someone to talk to is hard. Not everybody finds someone who clicks with them right away. A lot of my friends have had this problem too. You just need to try different counselors until you find one that fits.

I didn't get the chance to shop around, I ended up taking Prozac instead.
>>
Your problems probably aren't valid.
>>
>>16549884
Implying the validity of one'a problems is objective kek
>>
>>16549821
You left crying because she raised her eyebrows and didn't want to hear your shitty life story?
You sound well adjusted and like you aren't in need of counselling.

Maybe your life story wasn't important, good counsellors guide you to come to realisations on your own, not talk about everything you have already discussed with others.
>>
>>16549866
responsibility for what? I already think i'm shit and blame myself for everything before I even went to the counselor.
>>16549907
I didn't say I was well-adjusted. I know I need help, she didn't give me any.

>>16549878

I called another place and they are supposed to get back to me so i can see someone else. I'm taking prozac as well.
>>
>>16549939
>I didn't say I was well-adjusted
I was taking the piss

>I know I need help, she didn't give me any.
She was trying, you just threw a bitch fit over thinking how her eyebrows work.
You aren't qualified or in a position to think about how people perceive you or get upset about it, she was doing her job just fine.
>>
>>16549821
If you're going to someone just to have them listen to you complain and tell you nice things about yourself then you're wasting your money and their time. They're supposed to help you change and see things differently, not just agree with everything you say and give you a pat on the head.
>>
>>16549939
OP, please do not listen to the other people in this thread. Your mental health is your priority. If you were unhappy with the counselor, you're doing the right thing by looking for a new one. At the end of the day, it is your mind and your money, so you need to do whats right for you & makes you feel good.
>>
File: uthinkthisisamotherfuckingame.jpg (138 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
uthinkthisisamotherfuckingame.jpg
138 KB, 600x579
>>16549950
Nigger don't tell me what I can and can't feel.
If she was doing her job so fucking great, why didn't she realize I was upset? because she gave no indication she knew or even gave a fuck at that.
I'm not even going to apologize for my language, people like you piss me off. but oh, that's just because i'm not well-adjusted right? so I'm not allowed to have opinions or feelings? I should just let some fuckface from the internet tell me I'm a piece of shit? No, fuck you. I already know I'm a piece of shit. I don't need you reminding me just so you can feel superior. Get out of my thread homeslice.
>>
>>16549968
that's not what I want, but thanks for assuming that.

I wanted her to atleast give a fuck enough to do her job and talk with me about my issues so we can get down to finding some solutions. I don't want to just shoot the shit. It's a waste of everyone's time.

>>16549976
Thank you anon. While I don't want to just "feel good" for the sake of feeling good, I do think it's important I feel comfortable with the person and I wasn't at all.
>>
>>16549977
>If she was doing her job so fucking great, why didn't she realize I was upset? because she gave no indication she knew or even gave a fuck at that.
awwww you poor ickle baby, did she not maintain your safe space in the office where everything is confidential? you have to feel things, that's part of it, worrying about someone's eyebrows isn't a reason to leave a building in tears.

>I'm not even going to apologize for my language, people like you piss me off.
I didn't expect one

>that's just because i'm not well-adjusted right? so I'm not allowed to have opinions or feelings?
You are, shame you threw a bitch fit at someone who was helping you

>I don't need you reminding me just so you can feel superior.
I don't need to remind you to feel superior, I am superior because I keep my shit in order.

>Get out of my thread homeslice.
Even if you delete the thread I'd keep the tab open for laughs (I browse this website on an Azure virtual machine), is homeslice supposed to be calling me black or something?

Recap:
You were meant to feel things and come to conclusions which is how you learn to think critically and get your shit in order, a bit like self soothing, everyone else doesn't need mothering, you were meant to grow up beyond the emotion age of a 10 year old, but you threw your toys out of the pram because you decided to become a self designated expert on expressions instead of helping yourself.
>>
>>16550017
>didn't expect one
Good, you aren't getting one.

>i am superior
>even if you delete the thread I'd keep it open for laughs

Yea and I'm the pathetic one. Atleast I don't go around talking shit to non "well-adjusted" people to make myself feel good. Whatever the fuck that means.

Recap: You're an asshole. and you probably get off on that fact.
Listen here though, I may be a piece of shit and I may know it, but I'm not here to entertain you. If you enjoy feeling superior in your own head, good for you. Do it in someone else's thread. Someone without a spine to stand up for themselves like you usually do.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.