[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
random weird feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 6SDAOqM.jpg (253 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
6SDAOqM.jpg
253 KB, 1680x1050
This has happened to me ever since i was a kid. It's a bit hard to explain but I'll do my best.

It's just a random strange feeling where my surroundings seem really surreal. it's completely random, I just look at everything in the room i'm in, and suddenly they look odd. Sometimes they look really far away even though they're not, or I see them as larger in scale then they actually are. I also get this strange jittery feeling in my head, almost like a something fast is going on in my brain, with thoughts of repetitive noise looping in my head and I can't shake it. this happens like once or twice a month, and it usually lasts about 20 minutes,

It's not really a bad feeling or anything, just strange. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned?
>>
Yeah I get what you're talking about. Try meditating on it next time, see if it gets you anywhere. Don't try nas change it, just observe.

I haven't experienced it that many times, but it seems somewhat important for how I see reality. The Universe is just a hologram kind of thing. And glimpsing through it is like a sover high.
>>
>>16548967
Don't try to* change it, rarher
>>
>>16548967
Sober* high

Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>16548940
It sounds a lot like Dissociation, OP. Here's the Wikipedia article for you to look over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation_%28psychology%29

Note especially when these 'episodes' seem to happen. Are you bored? Stressed? Anxious? All of these can trigger dissociation.

Also I get it pretty frequently as well, but they occur more commonly and for less time.

As for whether or not you should be concerned, I think it goes hand in hand with depression. Since you've been having this since you were a kid though, read up on some of the disorders.

Good luck OP.
>>
This used to happen to me when I was depressed. It somehow felt more real than feeling normal. You should examine what's going on in your life and start to make efforts to move in a direction that will let you be happy
>>
>>16548967
This is a pretty good description of it. I kind of see things as just projected points in space and nothing seems "real"

>>16548976
I've heard of this and actually my friend had some disassociation episodes, but she described it as being scary and it lasted for hours so I wasn't sure if they was it.

Almost every time this has happened it's just me relaxing by myself, watching TV or something. It happened a few times when I was sitting in class and I didn't like it. Voices sounded weird and loud. I feel like if this were to happen in some kind of social environment there would too much stimuli and I'd get freaked out. By myself I just sit and try to focus on what I'm feeling.
>>
>>16549351
this happens to me as well, OP

sounds like it's not a mental episode. your description is vague enough that i can see how
>>16549340
related to it

but it's a perception thing like this poster
>>16548967
is talking about

you're probably experiencing the perception of a different plane of being, a different level of consciousness. like a higher dimension that runs parallel to ours. in the same way that the first dimension is parallel to what we experience (the 4th or 3rd whatever they call it), there are higher dimensions. more ethereal and energy-based than physical
>>
>>16549340
I'm not depressed or anxious. I have a great life, am pretty healthy/in shape.

I did just pretty much stop smoking weed recently after smoking almost everyday for a couple years. Then last night I got the feeling again and it was quite heavy. So I think I've had this more than I realize, I just didn't notice because I was high all the time.
>>
>>16549401
That seems plausible, but I don't understand why it would happen randomly without me being able to stop it. Especially the strange noisy feeling in my head.

I'm attending college right now that provides free therapy. Think that would help? While I don't hate this happening to me, I don't want it to progress.
>>
>>16549446
You are quite possibly triggering it yourself, without knowing. It could be as simple as the pace/depth of your breathing. I'm a bit surprised that you want it to stop. I would like to experience it more often. It reminds me of shamanistic experienced written about in Carlos Castaneda's book. Stopping the world. If you explore it more, maybe you'll come to like it.
>>
Btw, thanks for posting something other than help /adv there's this girl or how to an hero

This is really interesting, OP
>>
>>16549503
>>16549519
Thanks anon, yeah /adv/ is hilariously depressing most of the time. haha.

Really it's pretty cool when I'm alone in my quiet apartment. I just don't like the fact that I have really no idea what it is, and I have no control over when it begins and ends. And I really don't want it to start happening in situations where I'd rather it not.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.