[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do men keep thinking that being assertive and direct is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: professorkatz2.png (287 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
professorkatz2.png
287 KB, 650x650
Why do men keep thinking that being assertive and direct is the key to your heart? Even though direct and assertive approaches is the creepiest way to approach us?

Why do they think that once they meet you, you both should start dating right away? Despite, at least for me, I hate dating a guy unless I've taken the time to get to know him first. Why is that always so hard for men to understand?
>>
why do women think that their own personal opinions represent the majority? can women think logically?
>>
They think they're being 'alpha' and therefore you'll find them attractive
>>
>>16548677
0/10
truly awful b8, /r9k/
apply yourself
>>
>>16548677
>Why do they think that once they meet you

just when they meet you? They are desperate. An ordinary man wouId have patience when approaching a woman with the idea of dating after hanging out a few times.

WeII that was a quick thread.
>>
>>16548677

How are men supposed to know the way in which you specifically want to be approached?

The majority of men DON'T approach women, they are afraid of doing so for that very reason, they don't want to creep you out. So they do absolutely nothing, since there is no reliable way of knowing what a girl wants - outside of talking to her. It's a catch-22.

As for the dating question, I imagine it's a compound issue, and I don't want to make excuses for anyone. I guess just try to be really clear with your expectations, and understand that guys are keenly and painfully aware of how low on the totem pole they actually are, so when you tell them that you don't want to date they generally just assume that you don't find them attractive (and never will).

Some might even believe that they are doing you a disservice by having affections for you that are not reciprocated, because they've been told that this is creepy and they don't want to be creepy. They also know that they are opening themselves to being hurt down the line, because they know that you probably aren't going to date them anyway. So they will distance themselves from you because they know that their expectations are mismatched with yours.

Guys can't read your mind and know exactly what you want.
>>
>>16548680
i'm a woman and i agree with op. in fact i deleted my okc primarily because of how aggressive many of the men were
>>
I hope OP isn't a troll.

As a guy, I really don't understand why other men think they have to approach a girl the second they come across her; or why they feel the need to make as fast a move as possible, &c. That can easily result in a lot of trouble (and does -- especially these days). And when it comes to other men who take their time with women, I don't understand why these same guys get so uppity, and try to "encourage" and "motivate" him to be more forward (it's often more peer pressuring than encouragement). I don't understand why they would care so much in the first place, and put so much effort into complete strangers. Or why they get so offended when someone has their own way for approaching the opposite sex. Or why they feel the need to "motivate" as many people as possible, despite never being asked for help and encouragement.

They're the main reason why I hate being around my own gender.
>>
File: 1391151739886.png (274 KB, 372x420) Image search: [Google]
1391151739886.png
274 KB, 372x420
>>16548677

>Why do men keep thinking that being assertive and direct is the key to your heart?

Because from the moment we're born men are trained to be assertive and direct to get ahead of the rest of the men. Some of us have a hard time with it but we're essentially told to suck it up and be a man from the second we're spit out. Society trains men to be aggressive and domineering so that we can fight wars and put the needs of others in front of our own and as the generations overlap it becomes harder to turn it off; to tell a man his worth is only equivalent to how much money and power he can get but then on the other hand tell him to pump the brakes when he isn't being sweet and sensitive enough.

I'm not saying its your fault or that you should settle for an asshole but the average male is a confused creature in this current generation. The mixed signals coming from all sides makes it nearly impossible for the "perfect" man to land somewhere between powerful and sensitive.

>
Why do they think that once they meet you, you both should start dating right away? Despite, at least for me, I hate dating a guy unless I've taken the time to get to know him first

Its also good to remember that the common denominator in all of these situations is you. If you keep hooking up with a certain kind of guy its because thats the kind of guy that you subconsciously attract.

"Men" are all different. The men YOU attract are not, whether or not you even realize you're attracting them. There's 7 billion people on this planet. You can't possibly believe that the handful of guys you've interacted with is a proper representation for the rest of the planet do you?

If you don't like what you have, keep looking.

We all have to sift through human garbage to find suitable partners, you aren't an exception.
>>
>>16548688
This. Even ugly people like OP can get desperate people to talk to them. The uglier you are, the more people who will try this because they start low on the totem pole.
>>
>>16548677
Because if they have a clear interest and beat around the bush, that's not being honest, that's effectively lying. Most are desperate and have allready decided they want you the moment they see you.
there's loads of treads here were some orbitter clearly is mad in love with someone but afraid to ask her out, that's also creepy.
also I'm sure that with some guys your attraction goes quicker than others, like if george cloony were to walk in and ask you on a date, you'd be happy to comply
>Why do men keep thinking that being assertive and direct is the key to your heart?
should be
Why do men that i find unatractive keep thinking that being assertive and direct is the key to your heart?

> I hate dating a guy unless I've taken the time to get to know him first
This depends on what dating means to you.
A date is a perfect place to get to know eachother, in fact that's what dating's for!
For me when i've talked to a girl, be it in the pub, on fb or tinder, and have established that she's interesting, i invite her for drinks. That doesn't mean I want her to be my gf, it means I get to know her and who knows.
Off course when people assume it's a good idea to go for dinner, or some other expensive and time-fixed event for first date it sends off a message of allready having decided.

>Society trains men to be aggressive and domineering so that we can fight wars and put the needs of others in front of our own and as the generations overlap it becomes harder to turn it off; to tell a man his worth is only equivalent to how much money and power he can get but then on the other hand tell him to pump the brakes when he isn't being sweet and sensitive enough.
this is a serious problem, on one hand men are supposed to be tough and on the other hand men are shamed and deemed conservatard for every sign of menlyness. basically there's no doing it right and my generation is full of confused boys.

How old are you btw? you can't expect 18y/o boys to know the dating game!
>>
Well cause for a lot of women it is.
But men like that usually turn out to be assholes.
>>
>>16548802
>TroIIed into autistic paragraph whit knighting
>>
>>16548844
I admit, probably quite elaborate for what might be bait, but how is it whiteknight? It's actually calling her out for rediculous expectations.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.