[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 22 years old and have been talking to a 39 year old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: images-of-couples-holding-hands.jpg (1 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
images-of-couples-holding-hands.jpg
1 MB, 1698x1131
I'm 22 years old and have been talking to a 39 year old and he recently asked me on a date. A few friends are trying to convince me to not go because he's too old.

Do you guys think 15-20 years age difference should be a deal breaker?
>>
>>16547797
As long as it is legal, age doesn't matter. What does matter is shared values.
>>
File: 007.jpg (103 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
103 KB, 720x479
>>16547797
there are going to be some challenges

sexuality, behaviours, ideologies
all of that will be skewed from a matter of age as well as personality

if you think that would matter to you, then i would try to figure out your feelings first

but i say to act confidently on what you're feeling and see where it takes you
you'll learn the most that way
a mistake not learned is a mistake in itself
>>
>>16547803
+1
>>
>>16547797
My current girlfriend and I don't have as large of an age gap (I'm 24 and she's 36), but it doesn't cause much friction.

Once you reach a certain age and settle in the sense of knowing what you're passionate about, it doesn't make too much difference I don't think. From what I can tell, our sex drives aren't inherently dichotomous and we are both willing to take firm stances on what we care about. As long as one person isn't condescending towards the other in relation to age or experience, who cares?
>>
>>16547820
Do your friends or family make rude comments about the age gap? If so, how do you deal?
>>
>>16547797

Why are you interested in a 39 year old? Talking where?
>>
Statistically it's less likely to be successful, but take that as you will.
>>
>>16547831
We met through someone I work with. (I attended a concert and the girl I work with introduced us). We've been talking via text for a little over two weeks and he asked me out on a date yesterday,
>>
>>16547835

Are there some factors that you aren't mentioning? Something like "Guys my own age take no interest in me." Or is this guy something special? Or are you the type of girl that just goes out with anyone who asks them.

I am trying to understand the appeal here.
>>
>>16547839
I don't go out with anyone who interests me. But I also don't want to rule someone who has all the things I look for in a partner because of their age.
>>
>>16547851

You are holding back too much information which would be helpful in understanding his and your mindset going into this.
>>
>>16547857
What are you wanting to know?

>meet a guy through mutual friend
>talk to him via text for two weeks
>he's a great guy - funny, career oriented and understanding
>asks me on a date
>I say yes right away because i'm digging this guy
>talk to friends about this
>"he's too old for you"
>come to internet for advice.
>>
>>16547871
If being too old is the only reason, you have shallow friends.
>>
>>16547873

I disagree with that - that's a huge fucking age gap.

>>16547871

Meh. Just go on the date.

Reasons to go your age:

>Age does start to show in 50s and 60s if this turns into anything
>You are very unlikely to be anything special to him given that you are on the end of what's probably a fairly long list

He is probably just after dat ass (which can be relative when comparing to women his age).
>>
I'm 23 and I've been seeing a 46 year old for three years old now. It's been pretty good mostly. He's pretty cool, not creepy, and we have similar outlooks on life. Kinda immature though.

There always will be a difference in power though. Just be careful they're not manipulating you. When you get into arguments, they'll always use the, "You're naive and don't have enough life experience to understand it"
>>
>>16547882
"Age does start to show in 50s and 60s if this turns into anything"

Pretty shallow to think that's a reason to not see someone.

>>16547887
I'll ask what I asked someone else earlier in the thread

Do your friends or family make rude comments about the age gap? If so, how do you deal?
>>
>>16547820
damn nigga?
36?

I thought I was pushing it being 24 and my gf 31
>>
>>16547797
You'll like it at first. Until you notice the wrinkles, grey hair, saggy balls, and all the hot guys your friends are dating. Go for it if you want but highly doubt it will last so why bother
>>
>>16547830
Not really. My parents don't care. I think they were tired of me being with comparatively shitty partners that were my age. It could be the lesser of two evils for them at this point, but they don't voice any distaste about it.

I wish I had a better response with how to deal, but I simply haven't had to. I imagine the response would be more negative from her friends/family. The fact that we're both financially capable probably makes it easier as well. Neither is viewed as a freeloader.
>>
>>16547913
>Until you notice the wrinkles, grey hair, saggy balls

At 39, riiiiight.
>>
>>16547913
>>16547882
Does it hurt being this pessimistic?
>>
>>16547797
Try it. There's a high chance it won't last very long though.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.