[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you all wear to weddings? This is what I'll be wearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-12-08-21-31-17.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-08-21-31-17.png
1 MB, 720x1280
What do you all wear to weddings? This is what I'll be wearing and I'm nervous as to whether or not it's informal. I don't normally dress up that often so Any advice would be appreciated
>>
>>16547664
Swap the pants out for black ones. You look like you're about to go to a business meeting right now
>>
Black pants and white dress shit.

Throw on a blazer as well.
>>
>>16547664

I am with everyone on black pants. Suit jacket tends to be optional in my experience.

As far as shirt color, the blue is fine. Not a fan of the tie/shirt combo though.

Also, black shoes.
>>
If you don't want to wear a jacket throw a 1/4 zip sweater on
>>
>>16547664
put on a suit you fucking savage
>>
>>16547664
Nice black plants, a white shirt with a tie and vest that got well together, dress shoes and a belt

Make sure your pants fit properly, you want them to be a 1/4 of an inch from the heel of your shoes. Your baggy mess is well a mess
>>
>>16547664
I was forced to wear a tuxedo. I found out I was the best man the day before after the other one backed out. I had to rent a stupid tuxedo. Other people basically wore, slacks, dress shirts, suits, dress shoes, even someone there wearing cargo shorts.
>>
It depends on the wedding. I went to my dad's second wedding in a polo with a blazer and wasn't under-dressed. One of his doctor friends just wore a polo and khakis. If its a formal wedding the attire should be listed on the RSVP. If you know the bride or groom well, just ask them. You could also ask your date or another family member or fucking whatever. Not every wedding requires a suit, and overdressing is also awkard.

If you can't do either of those, I would overdress but bring a spare set of less formal clothes (sort of like what you're wearing now). Then, I would scope out what other attendees are wearing and change in the car as needed.
>>
Alright thanks guys. I think that'll do for now. I really thought it was a bad idea. I'll switch this all out soon. I have clothes somewhere in the dark corners of my closest
>>
>>16547772
You are truly a big help. Now that is some advice I will take. Anything else
>>
>>16547781
Butt plugs in case you get nervous.
>>
>>16547671
>business meeting
If you mean meeting the register at RadioShack for your part time cashier gig, then yes.
>>
>going to wedding
>wear nice charcoal gray suit
>belt and shoes match
>haircut three days before
>perfect knot on tie
>show up looking sharp
>everyone dressed up like Disney characters because theme wedding

DON'T LET THIS BE YOUR STORY, OP
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.