[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys explain me a thing? Let me begin by saying that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Can you guys explain me a thing?
Let me begin by saying that I'm new to this board so please try to be understanding.

Here it goes:
>I have a friend
>fancied him for some time now
>he knows
>recently noticed he's getting closer with this girl
>here we go
>I start distancing myself because c'mon, it's gonna hurt like bitch when they get together
>he's liteally messaging me 4 times a day despite the fact I don't answer or answer very curtly making it obvious I'm not into convo
>writes the most useless bs just to write to me

Why can't he just accept that I'm detaching myself? What are these texts for? Why the nagging when I'm obviously give him cold shoulder? Should I sit him down and exaplain?

don't know what to do and you're my only hope /adv/
>>
>>16546872
Just fucking tell him you're not interested in talking. It's not hard, you don't have to be mean about it.

>writes the most useless bs just to write to me

He sounds pretty oblivious. He probably can't tell what's going on so let him know, or maybe something didn't work out with this girl, you've become too detached to notice and he's just trying to talk to you cause he wants someone to talk to
>>
How does he know you like him?

Sounds like it's one of two things: he's trying to make you jealous, or he really misses your friendship.
>>
Literally why don't you just ask him out. He can't read your mind. maybe he knows you like him but doesn't know if you just want to be friends for now. you need to learn how to communicate with people because for all he knows, you're his friend and he's worried about you
>>
>>16546872
He is keeping you as an orbiter. Women do this to guys all the time too. Cut contact because he obviously doesn't understand simple logic IF what you stated is true.

>getting closer to girl
>wow friend who I know has a crush on me is getting distant
>I dont know whats going on, let me message them 1000 times

No one thinks this way. Instead he mentally dismisses your crush as a past thing or just something minor so he doesn't feel bad about continuing to reach out to you while he also gets a gf. He enjoys the attention and validation you give him. You're a female orbiter, that's all that this is.
>>
>>16546897
>>16546903
I flat out told him I like him you guys. And everytime we were about to go somewhere together (it was always his suggestion) he bailed in the last minute

>>16546912
yeah, I'll just ignore him from now on
>>
Rare case of female being kept as a orbiter.

You just have to realize he has no feelings besides platonic towards you. If you want to be friends with him do that but don't do it because you think you can win him over that way. Otherwise just move on.
>>
>>16546936
There's an off chance he could have realized after he rejected you that he really did want you or things went wrong with the other girl so he wants to salvage this, but yeah if you're done with him then tell him you're done with him.
>>
>>16546872
You're not talking to your friend because he met another girl?

Sounds pretty selfish.
>>
Kind of funny...

There's this guy who my girlfriend was in to for a while. She asked him out, he rejected her, they stayed friends; and she was cool with that because you can't make someone like you. Fast forward a while and she meets me. We start dating, we start getting pretty serious, we take a trip together. He finds out.

The entire time we're on the trip together he's blowing her phone up about how he was an idiot all those months ago, and how she should give him a shot, and all that jazz.

She's just like: Seriously? All those months, and NOW you think you like me? Bullshit.

They're still friends, but she was pretty pissed and had to put him down, hard (I think at the time, I was just like; "I really like you, but it's your call. If that's all this was worth to you and you think you'll be happier elsewhere, is what it is." about the whole situation.)

It's just a knee-jerk reaction because he likes the attention you give him, but not enough to actually want to be with you.
>>
>>16547007
yeah, I'm sefish, but don't really care. Isn't it selfish of him to keep me as an orbiter?
>>
>>16547016
pro tip: you're getting cheated on
>>
>>16547090
lmao, no
>>
>>16547105
>lmao, no

he's delusional
>>
>>16547090
>>16547105
>>16547121

Funny thing is, that's not even me (>>16547016
)

But also "lmao, no". The nice thing about being a decent person, you tend to attract decent people.
>>
I'll just bump it in case someone has some more advice
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.