[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I shave, my facial hair is always still kind of noticeable,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ifshv.png (216 KB, 715x430) Image search: [Google]
ifshv.png
216 KB, 715x430
Whenever I shave, my facial hair is always still kind of noticeable, and I don't know if this because the disposable razors I'm using are low quality, or if it's just because I'm pale as fuck and it stands out.

I don't know too much about shaving, so I thought I'd ask if anyone could recommend any types or brands of razors that would give a smooth shave, as well as just advice on how to shave well.
>>
>>16546502
You always get a small shadow, that's just the way it is. However you should use something else than shitty one time use razors.
>>
learn to shave better and try different razors till you find one you like that aint super cheap

ive notcied the cheap ones make shaving harder or something
>>
>>16546517
>>16546507
Any kind you think I should start with?
>>
The quality of your razor saves tons.

Source; I need to shave my neck and beard everday (seriously. Both)

If I shave with a good, new razor, it takes perhaps half a day before I the stubles become asubtle. Else they never become asubtle
>>
>>16546502
You just need to press harder on your face. Don't worry if there's blood as you shave, it's normal if you want to super close shave
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Tolerances-Construction-Diamond-Pattern-Toothdesign/dp/B0115TLAGW/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449612750&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=markuer+steel+safety+razor

There you go.

$20 for a razor that will give you a closer shave than even the fanciest and most expensive disposable or electric razors, and will probably still be usable when you have grandchildren.

A box of 100 replacement blades costs $10 and will probably last you 2+ years.

The only thing is you just need to learn at what angle to cut with it at first, but after a few weeks it becomes total second nature (it's ingrained in me enough that I sometimes even shave in the shower with it when I'm particularly lazy and can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds in front of a mirror).
>>
There's a difference between smooth and invisible. If you have palpable stubble then you just need a better razor. I recommend checking out Dorco USA because of the value per dollar you get.

If it's really just a shadow you're concerned about, one trick is to dehydrate your skin with alcohol and then get a really close shave with a straight razor. That way the level at which the follicles are cut stays well below the surface once you moisturize. However this is generally awful for your skin and it's a guaranteed way to get ingrown hairs and bumps.

People people just get tremendous shadows. Learn to live with it.
>>
>>16546581

Oh, I'll also add, if you use a double-edge (safety razor). Press lightly and let the angle do the work (if you press harder, you pretty much just press the hairs down, so they don't get cut), do it after your face has been in hot water (so your pores are open) and shave with the grain if you can help it.
>>
>>16546502
always affects me too desu
>>
>>16546502
>I don't know if this because the disposable razors I'm using are low quality, or if it's just because I'm pale as fuck and it stands out.
It's probably a bit of both. There's no doubt that a better quality razor will give you a closer shave so you're probably not doing yourself any favours there, and if you're light skinned and dark haired it's allways going to be more noticeable anyway.

>any types or brands of razors that would give a smooth shave
I allways use gilette razors, have done for years. They're comfortable to use, don't dry my skin out, stay sharp for a few weeks per blade (in spite of my stubble being like wire wool) and they shave about as close as is possible - you won't find anything that will cut the hair shorter. I use a mach 3 which I've had for about ten years, but I went to buy one for my son recently and couldn't find anywhere that still sells the handles so I got him a fusion instead.

>as well as just advice on how to shave well
Fill the sink with water that's as hot as you can stand it without it actually hurting. Rinse your face with a washcloth, clean your face with whatever soap or fancy stuff you normally use, rinse the soap off. Squirt the shaving foam in to your hand, then scoop it up a bit at a time with the other hand and smear it on your face. Rinse your hands in the sink, then with wet fingers, rub the foam in - the idea is to get pretty thin all over. Shave your cheeks and round your mouth in single strokes top to bottom, rinsing the razor after each stroke. For your neck and under the jaw go upwards, bottom to top, again in single strokes. You need to be quite firm with it, push it in to your skin rather than sliding it over. Remember to clean the razor under the tap and shake the water off when you're done.
>>
>>16546502
I hate to promote a product, but I just got a 5-blade razor and it not only lasts forever (I'm into my third month) but it gives the smoothest shave I've ever had.
>>
Related question. Is one supposed to shave wih the grain of the hair or against it? And how does one shave their neck?
>>
>>16547655
doesn't make a difference.
I shave against when on the neck though. I find it a bit easier.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.