[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get girls to like me? I'm 21 and in college.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1444096152810.jpg (134 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1444096152810.jpg
134 KB, 500x375
How do I get girls to like me? I'm 21 and in college.

The girls at work seem to like me a lot but all the good looking ones have boyfs. Girls at college are hard to make friends with, they all seem so mean.
>>
>Girls at college are hard to make friends with, they all seem so mean.
Maybe you're too sensitive and they're just fucking around.
>>
>>16546474
Date a ugly duckling.
>>
>>16546492
Nah I can take jokes and harsh words. It just seems like they all have this aloof standoffish attitude. Like I'm a threat or an annoyance.

>>16546494
Thought about it. I'd be down to date a girl with a wonky face or weird style if she was cool. Unfortunately the only girls that throw themselves at me are fat and I just can't make it work with fat chicks.
>>
You simply have to be an awesome guy and someone girls want to spend time with. Desperation is a huge turn-off, and your post reeks of it through the internet. First step, become more confident in yourself and your desirability. Wane off the desperation.
>>
It's time to take a shotgun approach. Just be as good as you can possibly be in all facets of your body, personality and lifestyle. Then you appeal to virtually everyone in all situations. If you spray out a million positive qualities then one is bound to strike a target.
>>
>>16546543
I put a lot of effort into hiding my desperation. I can usually put on a really cool and relaxed front but I definitely lose that composure when I try to actively approach girls. How am I supposed to look relaxed, and not needy when I'm walking up and talking to someone without any leverage?

>>16546545
I've been in a huge self improvement phase for the last couple years but lately I've been pretty burnt out. I'm fitter and more confident than I was but I wish I'd get tangible results.
>>
>>16546593
It sounds like the thing you needed to focus on more was discipline and ambition. It's great that your body and confidence have improved but "burnt out" isn't a tenable answer for life. People who reach great heights in this world--across history, mind you--didn't "burn out" after a few years.
>>
>>16546474
The same way you get people to like you
>>
>>16546593
You don't hide your desperation. You get rid of it. You're desperate because you doubt yourself. You need to become awesome enough so that you have nothing to be ashamed of. Once you know you are awesome, the desperation will disappear.
>>
>>16546599
I have ambition but my ideas are always too difficult. I've tried to make a video game, and I've tried to hold together a band and produce a great album. I always fail and feel miserable. I love my ideas in my head but I absolutely hate the shit that I produce. I've kept trying various artistic pursuits, hopping from one medium to the other because I can't stand to dwell on my own shitty work for too long. I'm catching onto things a lot faster now and my ideas are starting to become a little more easily conceived but I've still never made anything that resembles the idea that I had for it.

I don't have confidence in my abilities because I've never succeeded in anything that has mattered to me. I can't keep discipline because it has never once in my life paid off and given me satisfaction. Getting fit and getting good grades in school don't give me any self confidence at all.

Strangely enough, my job working in retail does give me satisfaction. I work my own department by myself all day and help customers the best I can. I feel fantastic about myself at work but no where else.
>>
>>16546670
>I'm fitter and more confident
>I don't have confidence in my abilities
Dude, you shouldn't have claimed to improve your confidence if all you did was rise from 0% to 1%. That doesn't count.

I don't see any self-improvement here except for the fitness. I just see excuses and surrender. You sound like a shit person and it's no surprise that people won't like you in the ways which you care about. You're being unrealistic if you don't see a tremendous need for a complete personality overhaul. Get yourself to a therapist yesterday and be prepared for years of visits.
>>
>>16546678
Damn dude, my general everyday self confidence has improved a lot. You got me to start talking about my ambitions and shit so I had dig deep and give you the nitty gritty.

What the hell is a therapist going to tell me? That I need to work harder and have more realistic aspirations?
>>
File: m1YjdoZ.gif (495 KB, 390x220) Image search: [Google]
m1YjdoZ.gif
495 KB, 390x220
show them your bladesmanship, women like a man who can handle sharp instruments
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.