[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Break up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: broken heart.jpg (8 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
broken heart.jpg
8 KB, 243x208
My girlfriend of two years broke up with me a few days ago. I really loved her and was really attached to her. She lived at my house with me and now she is gone. We were always around each other. I don't know how to get through this. The idea of her being with anyone else really kills me and knowing her I think it will happen soon. I am 18 years old. What do I do, how do I get through this.
>>
>18 years old

I recently got out of a 2 year relationship and I'm 22. We're young. You'll be fine. Starting over when you're ready is super stressful, but always find a new hobby to pass the time. Things fall into place.
>>
>>16544896
good to know i'm not alone.. it just feels like no one really understands because of how attached and how much time I spent with her though..
>>
>>16544901
I 100% understand. It feels like you have so much free time and you don't know what to do with yourself. I am just glad I work so much in such a big place. And my hobby helps me meet others as well. So all in all just distract yourself. Being mopey is normal. I was for a good month.
>>
>>16544909
how do you cope with the idea of your ex being with someone else
>>
>>16544911
fuck other grills, idiot
>>
>>16544911
It's funny because I am still really good friends with him. We fuck around sometimes. Still rated the #1 woman in his life. Even if he is seeing someone else. But I don't want to get back together with him. Funny ain't it?
>>
>>16544915
that doesn't change the fact that the person I love is with someone else
>>
>>16544919
i suppose haha
>>
>>16544930
maybe not, but there are worse ways to distract yourself
>>
>>16544932
true. i'm gonna end up being that guy who blows his load and starts crying and seeking counseling from his one night stand hahaha
>>
>>16544894
>open thread thinking how i'm in an extremely similar situation and ik that feel

>>16544919
>tries to relate by proclaiming how they still get dicked by their fuckboy who she doesnt want to get back together with

Am I missing something?

Wish my ex still fucked around with me and called me her number 1 while I didn't want her back. But, that is not at all my situation, I love her and miss her, like OP does.

Again, am I missing something here...?
>>
>>16545555
well atleast me and you are in the same boat
>>
>>16546232
For sure man

It still hurts for me and its been about 2 months. And this is my 2nd major breakup.

But yes, as others said, just give it time. Don't blame yourself, don't think about what could have been or what you did wrong... think about the good times you shared... trust that she'll remember the same positive memories... take all the good from the relationship you had and learn from it... and simply just keep trying to move on. It will take time... as I said I'm still nowhere near over her... but I'm doing much, much better, every week, I think about her a little less, I laugh a little more...and as the pain fades, I'm slowly starting to respect her as a human being again, and understand that she can be with someone else, and that I can be happy with that.

Best of luck bro, we'll rise above
>>
>>16546259
This makes me feel a lot better. Thank you.
>>
>>16544896
Hey me to partner. Hows it?

>>16544894
You'll be fine m'guy, its just gonna take some time. Find yourself some good buddies to talk things through. Life will seem a bit foggy and distant for some time, but trust. Things will come around!
>>
>>16547138
Have you dealt with this before?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.