[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I earn respect? Most of my friends make fun of me, a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Tony_Abbott222.jpg (504 KB, 2000x1214) Image search: [Google]
Tony_Abbott222.jpg
504 KB, 2000x1214
How do I earn respect?

Most of my friends make fun of me, a lot. Apparently it's because I'm "so fun to make fun of". No matter which way I respond I can't get them to stop, even when it gets to the point where I'm clearly not okay with it. If I say nothing then it just continues on and they say I'm "sulking", if I make fun of them back then I get shit for turning it into a "pissing contest", if I try to explain why I did the thing that I'm being made fun of for then they just mimic whatever I say, and if I seriously call them out on it and tell them to stop because they're being assholes then they get seriously pissed at me for making them feel bad when they were "just having fun".

I'm just sick of being treated like a joke all the time. I understand that roasting is a normal thing and I can take that and dish it back, but I seem to get the worst of it and it's making me feel shitty all the time. How can I change myself so that this stops happening?
>>
File: wasa-crispbread-sesame-34781.jpg (39 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
wasa-crispbread-sesame-34781.jpg
39 KB, 200x200
Rephrase your question so it's not about respect.
>>
Step 1) Get new friends. Once people have decided to shit on you, they'll always look down on you no matter how much you change.

Step 2) Mimic people. I'm not talking about mocking them in the way that these guys do. I mean to copy the mannerisms and general attitudes of the people around you so that they see you as "one of us." Having an individual personality is fine but don't be so different from a group that they can construct a caricature.
>>
>How can I change myself so that this stops happening?

fuck your shitty friends, find new ones

By the time you earn their 'respect' you'll be the kind of person who doesn't need it from them anyways; be your own person and find something you're good at, build that skill and do it all the time - that should help your self-esteem
>>
Punch the weaker in the face. It usually a good show stopper.
>>
>>16544678
>>16544686

these guys are right you have shit friends. get new ones lol
>>
>>16544668
You have shit friends but try to donĀ“t get bitter at this things. If it happens with other people just shrug it and play it cool. Try to change subject.

Try to reflect the joke on other person, always easy going and fun. If he gets it too personal or offensive, just say him "Man calm down, you are getting mad"

The real problem is when you just ignore him and they laugh like is the most fun thing in the world. That is really difficult to save.

For some reasons I think I have this problem sometimes, is like people really wants to be contrarian to me.
>>
I get this a lot as well OP.
Getting some muscle mass and losing weight helped but there's always that asshole in a crowd and the rest feed off if him/her.

Big reason I have a problem with feminists. I've been bullied and picked on by women just as much if not more so than guys.
Fuck equality. I'm better.
>>
>>16544668
In what way are these people your friends?
>>
>>16544668
Be alpha
Just like through your body language and how you conduct yourself, be loud and in control of group conversations

That's what I did and it worked anyway, idk about you
>>
I am sorry to hear you're being bullied, OP, but that IS what's happening. These people are not your friends. You need a new social group.

That said, I am curious. You've talked about the inappropriate degrees to which they tale things, and the ways they hamstring your attempts to defend yourself. These are enough to classify what they're doing as bullying regardless of other factors. But what ARE they doing? What do they make fun of you for? The people should be dismissed as evil, no doubt avout it, but you know what they say about broken clocks: might there be a point in the message?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.