[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pissed off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: daxmad.jpg (14 KB, 221x319) Image search: [Google]
daxmad.jpg
14 KB, 221x319
My neighbor who I've known for many years came over today after along period of absence. She talked to my mom for a long time out back, I was not included, and when she came in she patted/rubbed my head.

I take this as a sign of disrespect, like she's insinuating I'm a child or a moron. Its seriously pissing me off. I'm pretty sure I heard my mom say I'm retarded to her too. Not stupid-retarded, but literally retarded.

I'm getting so fucking furious at people calling me stupid. I obviously don't show it, because that would just make shit worse for me since they'd pick up on me getting offended and do it more, but i don't know what to do. I badly lack social grace, so I guess that's why people call me retarded.

idk i don't want to be call retarded anymore and i'm mad and i can't think straight right now i'm fucking tired from work and i want to throw a tantrum.
>>
>>16543225
Move out from your mom's place ASAP.

Sounds like a terrible situation for you, and she also doesn't respect you.
>>
>>16543225

There, there Jimmy, she meant it in an endearing way.
>>
>>16543225

dude, thats awful. I get really annoyed by how superior people act just cuz they are smarter than someone else.

everyone thinks they are the bottom of the smart pool and anyone else who is not as smart as them is instantly retarded.

move out. start your life. i know its tough but go at it.
>>
Do you respect them as individuals? Why does their approval matter?
>>
>>16543259
not really, and they don't respect me either, but I don't go around treating them like shit
>>
>>16543249
bullshit, fuck that fat bitch
>>
Are you me? We look exactly the same omg who am I?
>>
>>16543225
How old are you?
>>
>>16543584
24, why
>>
I used to be so socially-inept and awkward that people would legit treat me like a retard. Talking to me in that condescending voice and all. I feel like it created a self-fulfilling prophecy, because the nervousness would make me fuck up at my job all the time and forget shit and be too timid to ask for clarification on certain tasks so that I would end up doing them retardedly, which just reinforced the perception that I was intellectually slow.

Can't imagine my own mother legit saying that to others, though. I mean, my parents called me retarded growing up all the time, and this really did a number on my self-esteem, but there's a difference between parents calling you names when they are angry, and having guests over and legitimately acting like you have an intellectual disability.

I dunno, maybe talk to her about it and ask her what they were talking about.
>>
>>16543607
Because you write and complain like a 14 year old.

So she good naturedly gave you a head rub. So what? Just deal with it and next time she reaches out to do it just dodge.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>16544155
No I dont
>>
>>16543225
Just out of curiosity, ARE you retarded?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.