[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Americans decide your university?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: free-usa-map.png (87 KB, 506x315) Image search: [Google]
free-usa-map.png
87 KB, 506x315
I'm reserching about it.
What makes you go to your university?
>>
I'm poor so I go to my local community college. They actually pay me to go.

I go based on affordability, not so much credibility or stature. At the end of the day, a college degree is a college degree. Employers look for more than just an immaculate GPA and what kind of college you went to.

I would be lying if I said going to an ivy league school or an accredited college wouldn't be more beneficial to your success, but like I also said, a degree is a degree.
>>
>>16543137
In-state vs. out of state, scholarships offered, accreditation, and programs offered. For the first two years, I went to community college, and got a great education there. An associates is pretty much an associates wherever you go. Bachelor's is similar. Most universities' programs, unless their rep is built off the program, are the same from school to school, with the exception that some schools offer more courses in certain fields. It's not until your master's and doctorate that you really want to consider the quality of your school.
>>
>>16543137
>I would be lying if I said going to an ivy league school or an accredited college wouldn't be more beneficial to your success, but like I also said, a degree is a degree.
FUCKING PICK ONE YOU DUMBSHIT. THEY'RE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE
>>
>>16543137

Generally speaking you pick a university based on what programs they offer, what you could afford, and what kind of place will accept you. there's also location, as some people prefer to stay close to home. others want to go far away.

theres some shit tier universities that will let C average students in. if thats you, you'd apply to all the relevant ones.

some schools are 'known for' certain things, like producing good lawyers, or doctors, or writers, etc.

in terms of scholarship it might be just who will take you / give you the best offer / discount.
>>
>grew up in FL
>qualified for full scholarship to in-state uni
>chose UF because its best in state, especially in engineering

pretty simple really
>>
>>16543137
Pretty much the same as in any other country:
-Is it affordable?
-Does it offer the course I want? Is it good?
-What is the uni's reputation?
-Does it offer any financial assistance?
>>
I chose based off tuition prices, location (I wanted a big city), reputation, and where my friends were going.
>>
>>16543137

I just went to the local state university since it was cheap, close to my job, had my desired major, and a decent enough reputation in the area.
>>
Proximity to home and the degrees/programs they offer.

If you go to school in your own state, it's about 300% cheaper. Not even kidding.
>>
>>16543570
nobody cares where you did your undergrad, ivy league schools are for networking
>>
>>16543137
1% have 90% of our wealth so most here are going to go to local government funded community colleges except for a small hand full that went to For-Profit colleges which our a dime a dozen.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.