[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>diagnosed with autism >medical team appointment >they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1449451763391.jpg (149 KB, 811x739) Image search: [Google]
1449451763391.jpg
149 KB, 811x739
>diagnosed with autism
>medical team appointment
>they give me cards with drawings on them to represent different daily activities, and make me arrange them to different stacks, based on whether I have a difficulty with these tasks or not

WTF is this shit? Why can't they just ask me to explain what I have difficulties with or not?
Am I retarded and don't realize it, or something?

Picture unrelated
>>
File: 1Jy4MYN.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1Jy4MYN.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>Am I retarded and don't realize it, or something?

This is something i've been legit wondering as well. If I'm retarded. How do I know? I.e how do i become self aware?
>>
>>16539934
There's no insult intended. Using physical cards and piles is a way for you and them to see patterns (like you have particular trouble with this SORT of thing but not that sort) that you and they might not see if it was just a list of yes and no answers.
>>
>>16539934
This is off topic but I have seen that image befor but on top of the pancakes there was a rabbit...weird
>>
>>16539934
I have always wondered if I am autistic, maybe I should see someone ???
>>
>>16539934
Very sorry to be this off-topic, but what fucking cat breed is that? I've been asking every damned board and they won't tell me.
>>
>>16541596
A cute one.
>>
>>16541596
It's probably not a breed at all. It's probably a domestic shorthair, aka mutt.
>>
>>16539934
Standardised testing, I'd imagine.
You aren't retarded, it's just that these are baseline tests developed for children because autism is often diagnosed at a very young age and a written test wouldn't work out.

Despite how simple they look, they would be effective at distinguishing exactly what you've got going on. No point developing a whole other test for adults if the kid test works fine on them too.
>>
File: 1446758711603s.jpg (8 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1446758711603s.jpg
8 KB, 250x201
>>16541519
>>16541521
You mean this cat?
>>
>>16541596
tabby with some siamese genes (color)
friends and family have some, they are beautiful.
>>
>>16541596
Probably a domestic short hair. Most cats are mutts.
>>
>>16541638
I was told that it wasn't a test. It was an assesment of general functioning for those with an ASD.
>>
>>16541596
It's just a tabby cat.
>>
>>16541871
>It was an assessment of general functioning for those with ASD
From the sounds of it, it's used to see where you fall under the Autism Spectrum in terms of functioning. It isn't a test. Also, the part with the cards you mentioned doesn't imply anything. The team you're working with at these appointments is probably fully aware of your capabilities that your capable of making a genuine explanation (they don't think you're retarded). It's just a simplified figure that they can use to measure this sort of thing, hence it being *general*.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.