[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best way of telling my gf she has a choice between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 5.jpg (87 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
87 KB, 720x405
Whats the best way of telling my gf she has a choice between smoking and me?
>>
>>16539233
Hello, gf, you have a choice, me or the smokes. Give he an ultimatum if her smoking bugs you that much.
>>
>>16539233
You either love her for who she it, or you don't really love her. Sounds to me like you don't really love her, and you just want to put the pressure of ending the relationship on her.

Trying not being an insufferable prick.
>>
>>16539233
If you GF is a bitch like everyone elses she'll choose the smokes.
>>
>>16539259
I love her for who she is as someone who is a non-smoker. Shes considering it and I can't be with someone who smokes, it stresses me out too much.
>>
>>16539233
It's pretty easy OP. My advice: don't.
>>
My dad convinced my mom to quit and she was grateful for it
>>
>>16539266
Sounds like you don't want to be with her. I smoked for thirteen years, I tried quitting several times, and I still have difficulty. It's not as simple as just deciding to stop, you couldn't possibly understand how much it hurts to quit smoking. Its like being tortured, and you're pushing this on her. Keep it up, and she will learn to hate you.
>>
>>16539259
>considering poisonous, addictive drugs a personality trait and not a bad habit.

Op doesn't want to watch the girl he loves die an early, painful death? What an insufferable prick
>>
Get her a vape, you can get an aspire premium starter kit for like 30$ now.
>>
But desu girls who smoke show poor moral judgment and bad health, both bad traits to have in a partner who you would someday impregnate. her bad attributes could be passed down to your children.

if she doesn't quit or switch to vaping, dump her
>>
>>16539259
Found the smoker
>>
>>16539233
Holy shit imagine it from her perspective

>you have a horrible habit
>it's going to kill you eventually
>you desperately want to stop, but can't
>your boyfriend breaks up with you because of it
>>
>>16539417

Exactly.
>>
Come on, smoking isn't so bad. If you love her I'm sure you can find a way to overlook her smoking.
>>
>>16539333
As much as I want to sympathize with you, this is the wrong attitude to have. If you're going to hold a grudge against someone who cares for your health and well-being, you don't deserve to be with them in the first place. Here's some advice: go to rehab. Don't come back until you've kicked your destructive habit. We don't need more people in the world who deny their problems and refuse to get help for them.
>>
Smoking is going to win. Sorry, OP.
>>
>>16539417

>but can't

Bullshit. If someone with an addiction wanted to get better for the sake of their family, or better yet, themselves, they would have done it. I nearly lost myself to an addiction, have since quit it, and guess what? Life is better. There should be no excuse.
>>
>>16539333
It's shit like this that makes me so fucking glad I never picked up smoking cigs like a lot of my friends and stuck with just vaping pot.
>>
My parents have been together for 10 years and my mom has always tried to convince my stepfather to quit smoking and hes tried really hard to but its always come back to the cigs. Its been a long process but hes cut down his smoking significantly, and has recently switched to vaping which you may or may not consider just as bad.

Again slow process, but its a step in the right direction. Hes down from 18mg nic to 12 as a vaper in the span of a few months. If you really love her maybe it doesn't have to be an ultimatum, and you can support her through the steps to gradually coming off it.
>>
>>16539233
It's a hard situation to handle, but you have to be honest. Does her smoking cause you immense anxiety regarding her future quality of life as well as yours? If so, then you need to tell her that. Address the problem, and if she doesn't want to even try to help herself, you'll know what to do.
>>
>>16539259
You shouldn't just love and accept any harmful addictions your partner has. I'd argue that if you're okay with your SO smoking, you don't actually care about them, since it is terrible for them physically, mentally, and financially. I would likewise say that it's fine to not be okay with a gambling addiction, meth addiction, anorexia, self-harm, bulimia, etc.

Maybe you should consider not being a piece of human trash. An addiction isn't who someone is, and you're fucking dumb if you believe otherwise. It's something that can be overcomed, and SHOULD be.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.