[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best/ most beneficial jobs in the military, (specifically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 960x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 960x492
What are the best/ most beneficial jobs in the military, (specifically the navy)
>>
That's not a valid question.
Fuck off.
>>
it depends on where your interests lie, tell me a bit more about yourself and I might be able to give you a better answer.

Just off the bat though I'm going to tell you to avoid Bosun's Mate and Air Bosun's Mate like the plague. Master at arms and damage controlman are pretty awful as well.

I'd also recommend against going into the navy to be a seal, if you go that route and wash out of the course (which nearly everyone does) they just stick you wherever they have openings which means you'll end up chipping paint on a ship every single day for the next 4 years.

I was a quartermaster btw, which means I dealt with navigation and driving ships.
>>
>>16538644
Well I don't have much going for me educational wise in high school. I would also like to go in the navy for 4 years and whatever I do in the navy I want to Passover to my civilian life job. I'm in decent shape and would mind doing something physical everyday. Honestly I have an open mind to all options.
>>
>>16538660
English isn't my native language I apologize
>>
>>16538666
ok but you are talking about the US navy, right?
>>
>>16538670
Yes I am
>>
>>16538678
alright well its important to bear in mind that your job doesn't need to 100% line up with something you want to do once you're out because you can get the government to pay for your college tuition and study whatever you want. Just look at all the different rates and see if any seem to match up with your interests and you wouldn't mind doing.

What were some that you were interested in going for?
>>
>>16538629
Be a Hospital Corpsman.
Best fucking job in the Navy, and you get to work with jarheads like me.
Granted, you won't get discharged with a paramedic or EMT certification in hand but the school for it will be a breeze and you'll have a lot of patient care experience, especially as a green side Corpsman, and especially if another war breaks out.
Hospital Corpsmen that try for BUD/S (Seal school) and don't make it simply go back to being Corpsman, same as Marine Recon training pipelines. You wash out, you just go back to being a Corpsman, you don't get fucked over with being a Boatswain's Mate.
>>
http://www.mynextmove.org/vets/

If you have an existing specialty code, run it through this site and it'll give you its civilian counterpart. You can run this through several different MOS/AFSCs/whatever until you find a job that interests you and pays well enough.
>>
>>16538714
its a good job if you're interested in medicine but I've heard that its overstaffed so promotion will be relatively more difficult, also if another war breaks out HMs are combat medics for marines so theres a much higher chance you'll be getting shot at than most wartime navy jobs
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.