[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compliments for Girls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1447533374878.jpg (11 KB, 480x296) Image search: [Google]
1447533374878.jpg
11 KB, 480x296
How can I compliment a girl that I have a crush on over text and also in person without coming off as a weirdo, because I don't know if she likes me more then a friend.
Example of what happened over text
>She got her nails done and showed me a picture and all I could say was they look nice
>>
>>16538022
Bump
>>
This is a free bump because I am interested and suck at this as well.
>>
>>16538053
Beta boys unite!
>>
>>16538022
in text it's a littler harder. Say what you like about them, something as simple as "cool color/design" or "I like the way it compliments your eyes" or some bs would be fine.

In person, compliment on an article of clothing.
>>
>>16538022
buy flowers and box of chocolates
hire a mariachi band
go to her place
when the door opens
fall on your knees as the mariachis begin to play
tell her you want her to become your future ex-wife.
then: hugs&kisses&love everywhere.
>>
Compliments about physical appearance are always going to be received less well than comments about a person's (as corny as it sounds) inner beauty.

Try telling your crush why you like her, but stay away from talking about her looks. Pretty girls get used to being complimented on their looks all the time, so they don't take those compliments too seriously.
>>
>>16538060
I would love to do this as a prank, actually. Mariachi bands are fucking hilarious.

>>16538058
My compliments usually come off a little forced, for some reason. I could just imagine things, but I try to only compliment people when I really feel something looks especially good on them.
>>
>>16538022
Use more expressive words than "nice" - elegant, sophisticated, glamorous.

(Avoid too forward words like "sexy" until you're a lot closer to her.
>>
>>16538022
OP Here
Would using the word cute to describe anything about her be a little much for my position? Like if she has a cute outfit on and says something about it could I say oh that looks cute.
>>
>>16538064
>I would love to do this as a prank, actually. Mariachi bands are fucking hilarious.

guess i like your sense of humor. wish you good luck anyway. love is such a complicated thing.
>>
>>16538073
I'm not OP, feel like I should say this.

>>16538071
"Cute" doesn't work. Cute is a compliment you give to girls you aren't attracted too, for some strange reason. Learned this the hard way.
>>
>>16538071
It's better to say "I like it."
>>
>>16538079
oh thx - my bad. already wondered that desperate OP appreciated my useless advice. but wish you good luck too of course.
>>
>>16538061
>stay away from talking about her looks

can any girls confirm or deny
>>
To be fair if I showed a boy my painted nails I wouldn't expect any sort of conversation about it. Wanna talk nails show girls.
>>
>>16538079
You joking? I call my fiancée cute all the time. I'm not saying you're always wrong, but I think plenty of guys use cute to mean "attractive, not in a flashy or vulgar way, but I still want to fuck the shit out of you."
>>
>>16538408
I wasn't joking, but I could still be wrong ofc. I'm guessing things are different when you're already in a relationship, but somehow calling a girl cute doesn't seem to be a good way to hit on her. Not in my experience, anyway.
>>
Women have different standards for alphas then betas
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.