[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mousee Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1443750417655.png (975 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1443750417655.png
975 KB, 1024x768
So I recently found out that I have mice (again). I ended up looking through drawers in my kitchen and noticed that it shat, and likely pissed, near and on a bunch of my cooking utensils.

Does anybody know if it's safe to disinfect these things with a bleach solution or should I not even bother and just toss them in the garbage?
>>
>>16537271
You do know that humans existed for millions of years before the invention of chlorine bleach, right?

You need to regularly expose yourself to bacteria, or your immune system will weaken, and you'll die. You are literally killing yourself with cleanliness.

I will never understand why some people think they are so different from the rest of the animals on earth, that the basic rules of nature don't apply to them.
>>
>>16537322
I'd rather not eat food when I know something shit or pissed on it

Also I'd rather not eat food cooked with said utensils.

The last time this happened I early symptoms of hantavirus and I thought I was actually going to die. I'd rather not go through that again and just do this stuff if it's alright to do so.
>>
Chef here.

Just wash them with dish liquid, using bleach on utensils is tricky and requires specific handling & aftercare... I dont feel like typing it so just use dish soap it will be fine.
>>
File: GLORIOUS.jpg (42 KB, 508x472) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS.jpg
42 KB, 508x472
I FUCKING HATE RATS M8 AND I AM CURRENTLY WAGING A WAR AGAINST THEM.
BLEACH THE FUCK OUT OF THOSE FUCKS BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT ANY OF THOSE FOUL CREATURES GERMS TO GET ONTO YOU.

YOU MUST WAGE CRUEL AND NEVER ENDING WAR AGAINST THESE MOST FOUL OF INVADERS.
>>
>>16537365
I understand that typing it all out will be long winded and tedious, but do you have any kind of online resource which would explain why its so tricky?
>>
>>16537365
This. I have had mice in my building for a year that eat off the plates and pans I don't immediately clean and no hantavirus yet. These little fuckers aren't shy either; once I woke up cause one walked on my face. A tiny fraction of mice anywhere have hantavirus, in fact, if anything, I feel more healthy. You have a way higher chance of being injured by germs from other people, calm down.
>>
>>16537350
Yeah, you almost died BECAUSE you have a weak-ass immune system. But I'm not going to sit here and argue about it. I gave my advice, you can either take it or not. But if I were you, I'd look that shit up at least, lest your stubborn arrogance destroys what's left of your health.
>>
>>16537376

bleach tastes like shit and can make you sick, it will absorb into plastic and wood and taste like bleach forever

if you use it on glass or metal, you HAVE to wash it after with regular soap with a new sponge and then u cant use the bleach sponge on anything but toilets and bleach things after that so you have to use a new fucking sponge and you have to rines and rinse and rinse

AND DONT EVER USE BLEACH WITH HOT WATER OR IN THE SHOWER WITHOUT RUNNING THE COLD FOR A HALF HOUR AFTER the hot water will make the bleach into a gas and you will bleed in your lungs (: (: (:

just use soap you sperg
>>
>>16537416
mfw this retard injures himself eating bleach when eating the mice themselves raw would more than likely be perfectly fine
>>
>>16537433
What? I didn't even use bleach. The Last time this happened I just washed them with soap and water. I was just wondering if bleach would work because I read about people cleaning utensils with bleach quote often.

Plus, it wouldn't even be bleach, it would be a bleach solution of at least 90% water. I'm not retarded, I wouldn't literally pour bleach on kitchen ware to clean it.
>>
>>16537271

It really depends where you live.

Are you in the west (Utah/Wyoming/Arizona/New Mexico/Montana/etc)? If these droppings came from Deer Mice, take this shit seriously and soak it with bleach/some other disinfecting solution before even moving it around.

Deer mice shit can (very very rarely) be infected with Hantavirus, which is basically 100% fatal.

If you're somewhere else (not the west), clean it up and disinfect the area normally and don't sweat it.
>>
Also OP, Hantavirus is transmitted when you kick up dust from the mouse shit by sweeping/pushing/moving it around. Breathe in that dust and if it's infected, you're fucked.
>>
>>16537416
You do know they bleach in your tap water, right? Try not to go on some massive rant when you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

>>16537433
I prefer my fieldmice crushed and toasted in a campfire until the fur burns off. But raw would probably be fine.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.