[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get a gf. Seriously. Idk if I'm too ugly or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: >tfwnomilanavayntrubgf.webm (2 MB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
>tfwnomilanavayntrubgf.webm
2 MB, 512x720
How do you get a gf. Seriously.

Idk if I'm too ugly or not. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Please /adv/ I'm getting too old for this, being lonely isn't enjoyable anymore
>>
>>16537014
Sauce?
>>
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Girlfriend
>>
>>16537014
I want to help, but I really can't get an idea of how ugly you are, or if you are even ugly if you don't post an image of your face.

But to get a girlfriend you need to work hard, perfect your look as much as possible, that means washing your face 2 times a day, don't smell, etc. Ensure your home in clean and is welcoming to females. Hang around girls, and if your too scared to approach them, one will approach you, eventually.
>>
>>16537673
>washing your face 2 times a day, don't smell, etc.
i don't have acne, i have gotten compliments on my skin before (from dudes never girls)

i have also been complimented on the way i smell before (also from a dude, he came and gave me a hug and said i smelled great and called over his bros to come smell me and i noped the fuck outta there)
>>
File: 1339650704048.jpg (18 KB, 396x303) Image search: [Google]
1339650704048.jpg
18 KB, 396x303
maybe you smell like a woman
>>
>>16537014
I wasn't quite a KV at your age, but certainly wasn't getting as much action as some guys (and bear in mind that ALL guys lie about how much action they're getting).

I finally asked a friend why. He replied "Your problem is that you want the interesting ones".

His point was that if all you want is a quick fuck you really can find it - just lower your standards far enough. But just possibly the elusive interesting girl might be worth waiting for.
>>
>>16537014
Have you tried talking to them?
>>
>>16537014

Okay first off.
Don't sexually idolize women- we aren't worth it, and we just wanna be on the same level as you.

Try and develop a friendship with someone who feels like your equal.
Also, dig down deep and start getting in touch with your feminine side- not for her! You don't have to act girly around her, but understanding is key. Try and feel like a girl for a moment, purely to improve your ability to empathize with her.

Fortify that friendship into something more. Put more effort into figuring each other out rather than expecting socially glorified "romantic rituals".
DON'T SCHEME.

Also, find a friend who has similar interests and more importantly- SIMILAR GOALS.
Romance is just very natural when you both want the same things.
>>
>>16538228
I don't know how
>>16538286
This feels like bait
>>
>>16538313
Not the same anon but they're people too. Dont think of it as "how do I talk to girls?" But like "how do I get to know this person?". Dont try to impress them with everything.

Also what worked for me is when I started getting my shit together and things were going well for me, the girls started to come to me instead me chasing the,
>>
>>16538319
Yup, this exactly.
>>
>>16538286

beautifully said.
>>
>>16538181
Maybe. I eat a lot of chocolate
>>
>>16538286
>DON'T SCHEME
If I could some up every piece of advice I ever wish I had known in college, it would be this. And it's so hard not to do it too because when you really, really want it, you scheme and try to plan out in your head exactly what you'll do and how you'll do it to get it, even days or a week in advance. This is good advice.

Also, OP. How old are you? On the detail side of this, things change a lot depending on your age. The advice for when you're 18 and looking for another 18 year old girl is completely different from when you're 26 and again way different when you're 34, so telling us this is very useful. The thing is that if you are on the lower side of that, like 20ish, it looks like the advice should be same at any age to you, but that's not the case because women's behavior in dating changes dramatically (VERY dramatically) as they get to each one of these ages (if you're under like 24, I'd say relax and most of the girls around that age aren't worth it anyway to be honest. Get a good job and a good career and it'll get way better from that alone.)
>>
>>16538313
>This feels like bait.
She's right though, really. You cannot predict these things even though it seems like you can. That's why you go all in until one of them likes you and sticks to you.

Patrice O'Neal has an excellent analogy about this with a guy fishing and the woman being the fish but then not swimming away from the boat when he puts her back in the water..if anyone knows what I'm talking about here.
>>
>>16537014
Go on youtube, and watch a girl named COCO Chanou, her tips, might give you a good idea on what girls want in a man. it might help you get a gf.
>>
>>16539013
I'm 25
>>16539036
She terrified me
>>
Hopefully I die in my sleep tonight
>>
File: did i die.jpg (77 KB, 711x286) Image search: [Google]
did i die.jpg
77 KB, 711x286
>>16540734
>>
File: 1441479721314.png (145 KB, 339x317) Image search: [Google]
1441479721314.png
145 KB, 339x317
>>16537673
>and if your too scared to approach them, one will approach you, eventually.

Lies.
>>
>How do you get a gf

Can't answer your question cuz I've never had one. The concept of it being possible seems to alien to me, probably because I've never been comfortable enough with another human to even imagine what it would be like to be romantic with one. It's just like, how are people doing this.

But, hearing a bit about how other people found partners kind of gives some insight. I was at a staff party the other day and met my coworker's gf. I asked how they met, and she said that it was at some dinner for some studying-abroad trip they were on in Europe. He had some drinks, stood up, and said "who wants to go to the bathroom with me?" and she found him really funny and they hit it off from there.

I just nodded and smiled, but inside, I was like "how the FUCK DOES THAT WORK?!"
>>
>>16540766
that's how i got two girlfriends and i'm fat and unemployed
>>
>>16540847
that makes me feel worse
>>
>>16540847
i'm 25 and never even had a girl hug me

it's never fucking happening, congrats on being just a fat lazy chad instead of apparently an omega
>>
I find that the most common problem in dudes with this issue is that they have no idea of how to talk to people, if not just women. See, when you talk to women, do you talk to them like a regular human? or do you talk to them like they are a romantic prospect. If its the latter, then here's it laid out for you: we can tell. We can tell why you're even talking to us, and it creeps us out, because it feels super dehumanizing, like we're not a person but just a concept to you. Now, that may not be the intention, but tha'ts how it feels, you bring this idea of romance to us before we've even decided if we like you at a base level, most chicks don't think romance right away, gotta see what you're like first. Its a hard thing to fix, but once you start talk to women like they are humans first and girlfriends second, you'll be able to make some head way. Not that you won't fuck up some or later into getting to know them, but you gotta start somewhere. Even ugly people date man, its about social interaction, not your looks.
>>
>>16537601
Damn this one doesn't have illustrations drawn by that same guy that draws sex acts for wikipedia
>>
>>16540894
yeah well i dont talk to most guys like they are people either
>>
>>16540894
how the hell does one romanticize girls. I'm beta virgin at 21 and even I don't do that... I think.
>>
>>16538319
What did "getting your shit together" involve? I thought that when I graduated college and got a job girls would like me more, but now I'm more isolated than ever and it feels hopeless..
>>
If you want a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend, you will be thoroughly disappointed if you actually managed to get one.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.