[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is life in the countryside like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: countryside scene 2622428b.jpg (99 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
countryside scene 2622428b.jpg
99 KB, 620x410
Singaporefag with UK citizenship here. I am thinking about finding a job in the English countryside. It really appeals to me as it's very different from where I am now. I've lived in homestay hotels in the European countryside and I loved it. I don't know if I am romanticising life in the countryside too much and I am wondering if I will get bored of it in the future.
>>
>>16536735
Maybe try >>>/out/, >>>/trv/, or >>>/int/
>>
>>16537096
No advice here?
>>
>>16537096
>>>>/out/
It's not like I will be backpacking in the UK
>>>/trv/
Or travelling
>>>/int/
Kek I don't want people to tell me to fuck off and stay away from their homeland
>>
How long have you been in Sinagpore? I visited with the US Navy in 2014 and a lot of us never wanted to leave
>>
>>16537265
>How long have you been in Sinagpore?
My whole life
>>
Working in a farm is hard work and without owning your own land you will work as the extra hands in the field. But I highly doubt people who personally own land will hire anyone because I don't think it's easy making money owning land. You're left with milking cows (REALLY dirty job), chicken farm or working in the big farming fields that grows produce but I'm not even sure if UK has those big fields like the US.
Or you can learn to hunt game and sell it to the market but those skills (killing, skinning, etc etc) are usually taught within the family

Watch the VICE documentary they did on the scotland. Some parts about the country side and how people make a living but most is charlet pigging out

Here is episode 4 mostly about Hunting and Foraging. There are 5 in total and pretty fun in general and a good watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGToR5S8Hu8
>>
File: life in the country.png (72 KB, 284x280) Image search: [Google]
life in the country.png
72 KB, 284x280
>>16536735
pic related
>>
>>16537283
I'm thinking about teaching in a school in rural England, not doing actual farm work
>>
>>16537360
well shit
I guess it totally depends on your education. I'm not sure if Singapore degrees are recognized in UK. You might just need to do pass a test to get your degree recognized if not I guess you need to go to school in the UK.
Also I think it's harder to be a teacher in the rural side compare to the city and most rural areas in UK become kinda tourist areas/wineries/parks/getaways. Watch the movie The Trip, it's pretty funny and they drive down the country side it's mostly restaurants and tourist attractions and barely see countryside towns.
>>
>>16537402
Are you British?
>>
>>16537411
Does it even matter at this point?
I'm the only one replying and actually caring
>>
>>16537422
Just curious
Well there were six posters here
Again, is life in the countryside what >>16537289 suggested?
>>
>>16536735
it sucks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.