[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. 21/m/USA. Parents abandoned me when i was 12. Was raised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ryu.png (183 KB, 455x399) Image search: [Google]
ryu.png
183 KB, 455x399
Hey guys. 21/m/USA. Parents abandoned me when i was 12. Was raised by a family friend until I was 19 when she passed away. Losing friends to their colleges, careers, moving, and outright disliking me, don't have much family left (not that they associate with me, anyways.) Living on my own, working a full-time shitty job where I'm constantly put down by shitty blue-collar co-workers. I graduated advanced with honors in high school and with college course. Just now finishing my associates 3 years later. No motivation, out of shape, unhappy. Feeling lost and worthless. any advice?
>>
>>16536612
Prove them wrong op. Get fit, keep doing good in school, prove your a better person than the ones in the office. Most of the time self improvement can solve your problems man. Just can't give up and keep pushing.
>>
>>16536612
Whoever that family was who raised you, do it for them. Think about how amazing that was, and help them prove to the world that you are special, becuase thats what they did for you
>>
DO IT OUT OF SPITE
>>
glhf op
>>
>>16536612
>>16536612
>Feeling lost and worthless.

Realize you're not lost and you're not worthless. Not that simple? Lie to yourself. Wake up every morning and tell yourself that you are where you need to be and that you are a valuable person. Picture the future you want. Write down traits you want as if you already have them. Does it feel fake? Eventually it won't. Eventually you will be honestly valued and secure in the way that you want but only if you change your mindset now.
>>
>>16536612
Finishing high school and getting a 2 year degree in only 3 years while working full time is a very impressive accomplishment. It's exactly the sort of thing your state university will be impressed by, and might translate into financial aid.
>>
Hey man! Don't give up. You're a very determined and hardworking person. You've gotten very far on just your own. It's normal to feel exhausted because it's not something a lot of people can do. I've lived on my own since I was 18. I think the best thing for me was going overseas to teach. Have you looked into it. I think you could do the TALK program in Korea for 6 months with an associate's. Just any change of scenery will do you good. I think they might cover airfare as well.
>>
>>16537889
Never heard of it. Will check it out, thanks!
>>
>>16536633
>>16536926
>>16537207
>>16537660
>>16537889
I appreciate the advice, guys. It just hurts to be this way, and I always feel really down. I'm always worried that asking for advice makes me feel like an attention whore, that I should just be able to get off my ass and do what is necessary for me. Everyone I know has these high standards for me, and when people come along and tell me i'm doing well I always never feel I am because i'm so used to being told otherwise. I've been contemplating joining the military amongst other things and i'm hoping maybe becoming something. I don't know really. I just play lots of games like Metal Gear or Castlevania and I see these characters accomplishing great things and being well renown in their worlds, but on earth in the reality we live nothing like that is so simple. I don't know where i'm going with this, i just feel i'm going nowhere and i'm afraid of dying as nothing like so many others have.
>>
Work out and get in shape. That in itself will make you feel happier. Ignore your co workers. Make more friends/socialize more. Try getting a gf/bf, a relationship might make you feel better. Just having that connection to someone can really make you feel better.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.