[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gf routinely takes 20+ minutes to respond to EVERY text message
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1447152612651.jpg (231 KB, 517x511) Image search: [Google]
1447152612651.jpg
231 KB, 517x511
>gf routinely takes 20+ minutes to respond to EVERY text message

Am I right to be annoyed by this? It's so hard to keep the conversation flowing. I really do love her but sometimes it makes me wanna JUST FUCKING GRAB HER BY THE NECK AND CHOKE THE LIFE OUTABKASKDLANKDKA
>>
If it bothers you that much, call her instead. You're half the problem here
>>
>>16536133
annoying games.
I don't do those games, they send me insane.
>>
>>16536141
What do you mean games? Like she does it on purpose?
>>
>>16536141
It's not a game.
I ''do'' this. It's not on purpose. I just dislike having awkward conversation online. Whenever I am at the PC I'll reply to a message, but I am not going to sit there having an online conversation. I reply and then I am gone, I've got other stuff to do.
>>
>>16536198
Tell her you're pissed she takes too long to respond to ur msgs and tell her your broken up. See what she says.
>>
>>16536198

What a load of horseshit. A text takes 20 seconds top, you aren't doing so ground breaking you can spare some seconds. Admit you like being a piece of shit lazy texter.

You are the worst type of person.
>>
>>16536133

This right here is a huge negative for cell phones to me. Always connected, never truly being alone, always having someone expecting to be answered every 5 seconds. Do you really expect someone to answer you every 15-20 minutes through all their waking hours? Seriously man, get a hobby!

Or... do as this anon said
>>16536140

Texting is shallow communication anyways, no intonation of the voice to hear, no facial expressions to emphasize, no eye movements to see, no body language to read. Anyone remember the last time they were talking to their friends about that time two years ago when "Omg, and then he texted me a smiley face, LOL"? No? I wonder why.

End Soapbox.
>>
>>16536210
Sorry, autismo, but not everyone is this pathetic and starved for attention.
This is something you have to learn early in life. Just because you are obsessed with other people doesn't mean other people share your feeeeeelings.
>>
>>16536251
Also notice how I took 17 minutes to come back to this thread and reply.
Notice how YOU aren't responding immediately after I posted. That's because you aren't obsessed and completely in love with me.
It's only when you become a creepy obsessed loser when you start caring about how long it takes to reply and get butthurt when someone takes 20 minutes to respond.
>>
>>16536210
Pretty much this. I'm OP.

I'm not a phone person at all. I bought my first smartphone last year for fucks' sake. If it's up to me I'll barely even touch it, however it is always close to me in case an emergency happens and it's IMPOSSIBLE not to know when you get a text message or anything else really. Also I've seen my gf open her phone next to me and it shows everything she receives on the blocked screen, so in any case she probably knows the exact instant I send a message and just sits on it.
>>
>>16536212
Anon this right here. I very much agree.
>>
>>16536133
Yes, but you need to let her know that it matters to you in a polite way.
"Hey sweetie, could you please try to respond to my messages a little quicker? If you're busy and need to focus on something, please just text me "I'm busy - I'll reply in a little while" so that I'm not waiting on a reply from you. It's hard to keep the conversation flowing when there's 20 min between responses."
>>
turn off notifications of texts from her (do not disturb setting). check your message box a few times a day (messages will still appear there). thus tables will turn kek
>>
like I'm a girl and I do this shit because some people honestly don't care. I don't care when someone takes 20 min to respond to me, so I don't rush to reply to people unless I KNOW a it bothers them when I don't respond.
I have a different text tone for the people who I need to respond to immediately- my mom, dad, boyfriend, best friend, and several other friends. Most of my friends, however, have never approached me telling me it bothers them.
I actually like when people approach me about this stuff because it means they feel comfortable communicating with me. If I have a friend/boyfriend who is too much of a pussy to tell me right out when something I'm doing is bothering them, then that relationship isn't going to work anyways. I can't deal with passive aggressive bullshit
>>
>>16536198
This. I keep my phone charging in the kitchen, but I'll occasionally pass by it to check on messages. I'm not going to go out of my way to respond to messages. If someone really wanted to say something to me, and have a conversation, they would call. Those that choose not to, and get pissed about it, don't deserve my time. OP is exactly what's wrong with this generation.

>>16536266
>however it is always close to me in case an emergency happens
Not everyone keeps their phone within reach. I especially don't, once I get home, because I want to relax.

>and it's IMPOSSIBLE not to know when you get a text message or anything else really
How so? I keep my text sound off when I'm at work and often leave it that way.

>>16536300
>I don't care when someone takes 20 min to respond to me, so I don't rush to reply to people unless I KNOW a it bothers them when I don't respond.
Also this.
>>
>>16536300
Is this some sort of test for you then? That's some bullshit
>>
>>16536300
>unless I KNOW a it bothers them when I don't respond.
Clearly OP is too much of an autist to tell his gf it bothers him. Probably because even he realizes how pathetic it is to be bother by something like this.
>>
I don't understand people who don't reply as soon as they see that they have a message. How do you not forget to reply?
>>
Stop being such a needy cunt. Not everyone spends their life staring at their phone.
>>
>>16536133
People have shit to do in their lives besides answer your texts. I spend most of my days in front of the computer, but I'd still be hurt if someone expected me to be at their beck and call 24/7.

If it was something really urgent, you'd call them anyways. Or let them know that you need them to answer ASAP in some other way.
>>
>>16536317
Yeah. Some people dont have enough confidence to communicate how they feel to their friends.
Being able to communicate with people you are close to is a CRUCIAL a part of developing a trusting bond with someone. If someone doesn't even trust me enough to tell me when something I'm doing is bothering them, then I don't consider them a real friend.
I never get mad when my friends tell me their quirks and preferences, and I ALWAYS adjust my behavior to adapt to their unique peeves.
How are you supposed to solve a problem of you don't know that the problem exists??
I can't possibly be bothered with passive aggressive friends who will vent their feelings by gossiping about me or subtweeting me behind my back. Fuq dat shit- talk to me directly if something's wrong
>>
>>16536133
Are yoi that insecure that you can't handle a few minutes without a reply. Jesus if I were her I would dump you, you sound a like a raging sperg.
Some people, myself included, just don't like texting. I'd rather call or, even better, meet up. I understand those aren't always options, but a little distance is better than a rigid digital conversation.
>>
>>16536133
Dear God... when I was your age we didn't carry phones around with us, they were wired into the houses. If you wanted to talk to someone you actually made plans and set aside the time, and didn't just expect people to drop what they were doing every time you sent a poorly spelled three word message.

And I'm only thirty. That's how quick the world forgot how to interact with other human beings.
>>
>>16536327
If the person needs me now they will call.

Shit, I wasn't even texting period until 2011.
>>
>>16536210
One response turns into a whole conversation that has you on your phone for 20 minutes. Adults have other things to do.
>>
>>16536133
NEWS FLASH: people have lives. Even in this enlightened age some people do not spend every waking moment checking their phones, emails and facebook. Some actually go to classes or read books or sit on the toilet or go places where there's no reception or even - unimaginable as it may be - actually turn off their phones to have a little peace and quiet.

The real question here is why you are so insecure that anything other than instant affirmation of your being the centre of the universe drives you into such blind panic.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.