[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/, long time no see. I have a very peculiar situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1442546374125.jpg (801 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1442546374125.jpg
801 KB, 2560x1440
Hello /adv/, long time no see.

I have a very peculiar situation for you guys today. My girlfriend has a very good male friend who she claims is very gay, although I don't know for sure. They've known each other since middle school. She is going to see him soon because it's been a while. There is going to be alcohol involved as well, so she will be staying the night. Despite feeling uneasy about it, I decided not to voice my discomfort and let her go without talking about it. I'd say we have a pretty serious relationship, but It still makes me feel uneasy. How justified am I?

Pic kinda related.
>>
Depends on if he's gay or not, have you tried to meet the guy?
>>
>>16534823
No, he lives about 2 hours from here, so I really haven't had a chance to. I haven't really looked at his facebook account either because I've decided to trust my girlfriend on this. Guess I'm here because I want a second opinion.
>>
>>16534838

FB stalk that shit. Everyone does that. If the roles were reversed and you were going to visit and stay at a lesbian friend's house you bet your ass your GF would at the BARE MINIMUM FB stalk that shit.
>>
File: 1448872166247s.jpg (8 KB, 117x250) Image search: [Google]
1448872166247s.jpg
8 KB, 117x250
>>16534817
>There is going to be alcohol involved as well, so she will be staying the night.
>>
>>16534853
Just took a peek. It doesn't state his preference but he certainly has a lot of interests that would imply it. And you definitely have a point there.
>>
> alcohol involved
> she will be staying the night

OP. let an old man quote an even older saying:
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst".

In your place I'd drive two hours the take her home.
>>
>>16534861
>>16534875

That's what bothers me the most, not that he may not be gay, but because they will be drinking. When you drink, shit can happen whether you're gay or not. I'd go visit an old female friend of mine even if she was straight, but I definitely wouldn't drink.

And the reason I didn't say anything about it is if I were in her shoes, I'd go whether she told me she was okay with it or not.
>>
>>16534882
> the reason I didn't say anything about it is if I were in her shoes, I'd go whether she told me she was okay with it or not.

OP, I don't wish to offend, but let me say this:
I hope you realise what you wrote is a first rate red flag.
What you're dealing with is not merely a personal preference of your girlfriend's: it is
alcohol + staying the night.
>>
>>16534900
If more red flags pop up than that, then I'll confront her about it. However, It's her life, so if she wants to cheat, then there's nothing I can do about it anyways.
>>
>>16534817
He's gay but I'm going to spend the night with him and drink. The only thing stopping you from going nuts is that she told you, 'He's very gay", not just gay but very gay. Sounds suspicious, desu.
>>
>>16534914
Those weren't her exact words, I kinda paraphrased there a bit, but I know what you mean man. Whether it's sketchy or not I just have to trust her.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.