[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels on the loose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 61089133[1].jpg (80 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
61089133[1].jpg
80 KB, 300x352
Hello /adv/

Ronery guy here.

There are 2 bars where I'm a regular. There are pretty nice place with cool and funny people, although much older than me.

The other day I was at bar 1, it was pretty calm, maybe 6 other persons. I got a pretty bad case of sad drunkenness and started to cry a little. Not like sobbing and such, just red wetty eyes. Others noticed and started to ask what was up, I admitted it was out of extreme loneliness and asked them stupid questions like "am I that ugly?" "why no gf?", etc.
I left right after that because of embarrassment.

Then I joined bar 2, there were only 2 patrons, both regulars. And I got spotted right away, they encouraged me to cry, said it was okay to do so, etc. I think I started to cry like a bitch at that point, but I also blacked out around that time and I have no idea what kind of stupid things I may have said.

I woke up in my bed the day after, no signs of puke or any kind of disaster, but I'm still embarrassed as fuck. I'm now ashamed to go back there. I like those places as I don't get to meet much people outside of those places, so I really want to go.

What should I do?
Should I just go back as if nothing happened?
Should I go and apologize?
Should I avoid those places?

tl;dr: I cried like a bitch in a public place and I'm now embarrassed to go back there. What do?
>>
>>16533840
>tl;dr: I cried like a bitch in a public place and I'm now embarrassed to go back there. What do?
It happens to the best of us. And trust me, bartenders have seen much worse. It's nothing. Just try not to let yourself get so drunk if crying makes you embarrassed.
>>
>>16533858
Well, last time I cried in front of someone else, it was my mother, and I was like 11.

Usually when I feel like crying, I just cry by myself.

Would it make it worse if I told the bartender I am sorry for whatever I said or did?
I just want people to erase this image from their memories, grown men don't cry in public places ffs
>>
>>16533840
I guess just be glad that only a few people actually witnessed it and not more.

But bruh, man up.
>>
I don't know what this weird shit is with men crying when they're drunk. I thought that was shit women do. Just man up OP, read stoic philosophy, realize all your problems are made up, decide to be happy.
>>
>>16533880
If it makes you feel any better I cried at work once. And I'm still ashamed of this, but there are good people at my work so I guess I push that day to the back of my mind. I still worry about how people see me though, but this was my first ever part time job. I still work there.(i'm 19 btw)
this is what happened:
>forget I have work
>spends time with family and gets carried away
>I get a call from work, apparantly I was two hours late and they wanted to know if I was coming
>told them I'd be on my way. While I was getting ready I was in a panic but I wasn't crying yet. However, once I got there these tears just streamed down my face like no tomorrow.
>I sat down and talked with my manager as I was still trying to hold back my tears.
>I guess word spread fast because as I was walking past one of my coworkers he goes "It's ok anon."

the rest of my shift went okay. I cheered up a little when I was stocking shelves a little kid, she had to be around 6 or so, repeated a curse she heard from her mother. I was standing right next to them and I was trying so hard to contain my laughter, i'm not sure if the dad could tell or not. I didn't look at them but I heard the dad whisper "Don't say that here, honey."
Even if that was stupid I found it funny, and it kept me going throughout that night. And that's my experience with crying in public. It can happen to anyone really.
>>
>>16533906
>>16533891
Yeah, I know I fucked up, thanks for the reminders.
My question is: how do I go back to those places?
>>
>>16533908
Or not go back at all?
>>
>>16533908
Just keep going to these bars, see how it goes. Your past does not define who you are. These bar tenders sound like they're non judgemental. As for the random strangers that you have cried in front of, if no one brings it up just leave it at that and move on. If someone does happen to question you, show them that that's not who you truly are. That was just one bad night.
>>
>>16533927
Okay, I will wait a few days and come back there see how it goes.
>>
Bumping for confirmation. I'll let it die after
>>
You'll be surprised to discover op that people IRL aren't as nasty as those on the internet.

These fellow patrons noticed you were upset and you literally needed a shoulder to cry on.
>>
I'm comfortable with crying, but seriously.
Crying at strangers in public isn't cool, you need to pull yourself together.
>>
>>16534188
Thanks for the support. Appreciate it :)

>>16534193
I didn't mention but I knew those patrons from bar 2 from before, I wouldn't say close but we talked like 5-6 times before, they were a couple
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.