[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend, once like 80 pounds, got fat (not huge, but if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1438302545401.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1438302545401.gif
1 MB, 320x180
My girlfriend, once like 80 pounds, got fat (not huge, but if she lays on her side her stomach will do that expanding outward thing). She now spends every day depressed in bed, and constantly insists that she's doing better, but no, she isn't. It's getting more and more common for her to beg me to come cuddle her instead of doing my schoolwork or exercising or making a proper meal, and then I spend most of my day laying with her because I get pulled into the laziness. Obviously this isn't all based around her weight, but I know fully well if she was thinner she wouldn't be so unconfident that she'd let the shittiest friends take advantage of her, she wouldn't spend all day watching cartoons, and she wouldn't overall hate herself.

I will have my last best chance to leave in March or April. I intend to use the time I have until then to see what I can do to turn her around, and decide if I'm leaving her behind or not. I mean I look at old pictures of her when we started dating 2 years ago and I fall for that version of her all over again, but it's almost gone. She wore sauce-stained leggings and an ugly Christmas sweater unironically to go to the mall with me last week. I was out today and struggled to find a single person who cared little enough about how they looked to do that.

Yes, I'm being mean. I've watched this girl go from stunning to where I can say I never would have touched her if I wasn't with her already. I don't know how to describe the taste of her mouth. Just please give me some idea of how to help her.
>>
is she depressed?
>>
>>16532462
Yes.

We've had fights over the general state of the house when I'm not there to clean up after her, and she has said that she "knows being mean is supposed to make somebody want to do better but for her it just makes her want to do nothing", which isn't really different from the norm, so I don't know how to take it.
>>
Sounds like my boyfriend.
>>
>>16532453
She sounds depressed. She'll need to put forth the effort into getting professional help, if she's to get better. But if she can't even do that, you're just wasting your time on someone that will progressively get worse physically and mentally.
>>
>>16532453
Pump em and dump em
>>
>>16532498
So aside from suggesting that, which I'll be sure to do after our next inevitable fight, how can I encourage her without being unreasonable?
>>
>>16532571
Do it before a fight. Cuddle with her in a warm, comfortable spot where you two can look each other in the eyes. Let her know that you think she has a problem and ask if she would be willing to address it. If you wait until you have a fight to bring it up, she'll be less receptive to the idea and just retreat into herself.
>>
chain her up and
option 1- force feed her until she gets diabetes/is traumatised about food, either way she'll lose weight
option 2- leave food just out of her reach like in the canterville ghost story, she'll lose weight also
option 3- pretend to be someone else then kidnap her and feed her while you whip her, she'll asociate food with pain and lose weight, then rescue her and she'll love you more
>>
I hope you take this advice because it worked for me.

Fuck her more. Yes. Make her feel like she wants to be sexier and more alive.

My wife lost 35lbs with this method. My mate of 20 years gave me this pro tip and it worked.

Do it.
>>
>>16532605
We usually fuck pretty frequently. I take like 5 minutes for myself to finish off after she's done. I've managed to make her believe I just take a really long time.

Between 2 jobs and school, I really don't have the energy most days. Especially coming home to a messy house and a girl that half the time is just waking up to start her laying-around rituals when i get home.
>>
>>16532481
Fake, grils don't exist on 4chan
>>
Seriously, I'd much rather have a psycho but active girl at this point. I see girls I used to know, who I know are fucked, but are actually doing something with their lives (given they're just posing in lingerie but it's SOMETHING), and I'm almost tempted to drop my girl and invite one of them out, just to rid myself of this stag any feeling. Fortunately I don't let myself because I actually love my girl, but it's just too much some times.
>>
>>16532714
Stagnant feeling*
>>
>>16532714
The grass is definitely not greener my friend.
>>
Sounds like me, minus the fat part and plus I no longer want my husband to cuddle me. I used to. Desperately. Now he knows I'm thinking of leaving and suddenly he wants to. Depression is a horrible thing OP. Try to be kind to this girl, even if you feel you have to leave. Do it kindly.
>>
Be honest and tell her how you feel and why you feel that way.
She will either
1) do something to change it
2) tell you that you're a dick and break up with you.

Either way, you win
>>
>>16532453
What's her height?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.