[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I find artistic people to be friends with me? I want a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
How do I find artistic people to be friends with me? I want a friend who'd share some, well preferably all, of my artistic hobbies, to some extent.
Somebody I could talk to about my ideas, and listen about theirs, discuss them, maybe make some projects together.
There's almost 2 millions of people in my city and the last time I had a friend I could exchange written stories or drawings, or play music with was in high school, and I lost contact with that guy when we graduated (there was a reason why I dropped contact with all the people from high school with no exceptions, although I regret doing so now).
I have a lot of acquintanes, buddies, some people I could even call friends, but it's always the same thing. We're all busy with our down-to-earth obligations, we only ever talk about classes, work, politics or girls, it gets boring. If I talk about my hobbies they aren't interested in it, if they talk about theirs - I'm not interested in it. We just aren't on the same wavelength to to such an extent.
Well, I guess I know 1-3 people who create some kind of art as a hobby, and seem to be on the same wavelength, but they're all significantly older than me and I doubt they'd have will and time to be closer friends with a kid like me. I want a friend at my age too but I barely have aquintaces close to my age in the first place.
Do you have any advice?
>>
>>16531149
join fb-groups on the stuff you find interesting, go to underground parties, art galleries and jam sessions. Join some art course.
how old are you?
>>
>>16531149
deviantart and pixiv
>>
>>16531166
>how old are you

To be honest I don't like to go to meet-ups where there's a lot of people and they're all strangers if I don't have a friend to go with. I just feel awkward, it's hard to approach someone in a big group, and nobody will approach some fagit first.
Maybe the course is a good idea.
>>16531167
I wonder if it wouldn't be kind of awkward to just try to make friends with somebody on such a site.
>>
Don't let age be a barrier OP

Some ARTIST I know are working on the entertainment industry along side syd mead

Polycount.com might be a place you're interested in. Its mostly game dev focused but we generally do art and talk about it here or in the various groups we populate.
>>
Hi anon, if you wouldn't mind,I would love to chat with you!. I dont know many artists either

My interests:I really like manga/anime but I enjoy learning the fundamentals. when it comes to old masters ima sorolla girl.
I especially enjoy 30day challenges , co projects etc. I may not bee able to relate art style wise but as another artist your age we may have some stuff in common

Here's my DA:
http://olivemiller.deviantart.com
>>
>>16531149
Check out a local community college and take a class in something that interests you - pottery, life drawing, art history or whatever. By definition the others in the class will have similar interests to yours.
>>
>>16531149
find a black chick that likes anime and drugs and white boys. hang out with other people that hang out with her.
>>
>>16531251
I don't really think age is a barrier, I just don't see those people having time to talk about such stuff about me. I'm more comics/stories person too when it comes to drawing and those people I know are into more "real" art ;_; besides of the guy who plays music, we got similar tastws and could jam together I guess but he's a very busy man.
>>16531281
Oh man, you're much better at this than me hahaha. Nice colors. I'm quite a casual, but I think we would have common topics. I'm gonna contact you when I'm home.
>>
>>16531245
I know it's a barier, but at some point you'll just have to jump into it, either by joining a class where there's more people going alone and you will inevitably get to know eachother. Or go to an event, just walk around, enjoy peoples work and leave as soon as you're bored.
It sounds scary but it'll really surprise you how many people go alone to things!
I remember the first time I went alone to a goa party, guess what, people aproached me already at the train station! now i regularly go to raves and goas alone. same with couchsurfing meetups, the first time i was nervous but i met such nice people that the next times i'd just walk in, say hi to some people and be engaged in conversation till the morning. and i'm not a generally social person, it's just that these kind of events draw people with shared interests who also come alone.
you could join facebook or whatever groups and then you'll allready sort of know people before going.

or stay at home complaining, your choice....
>>
>>16531348
Maybe I just had a bad luck, but I did go to rave parties as well and of course spent fun time with many strangers, but I didn't keep up the contact with any of them. Pretty much the same goes for couchsurfing. It's easy to have fun together that way - you're both new to each other, there's many topics you haven't discussed yet. But it's not easy to find someone truly on the same wavelength with whom it'll be as fun every time, even years after.
I meet a lot of new people and have fun with them, and yet I've met maybe one person who maybe would turn out to be similar to me but she wasn't responsive when I tried to contact her afterwards so I let it go quick.
>>
>>16531245
>To be honest I don't like to go to meet-ups where there's a lot of people and they're all strangers if I don't have a friend to go with. I just feel awkward, it's hard to approach someone in a big group, and nobody will approach some fagit first.

Ha, that sounds so very familiar. I finished a BA in a niche liberal arts specialty this year, which means I do know people in my field, but I feel exactly like that at more general art openings.

Also, if you think you'd want to chat with a (six years older) random creative from somewhere in the EU, feel free to pm/send a note to my old da account:
http://sulwyn.deviantart.com
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.