[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
so my doctor told me the craps I was getting were caused by anxity
he said my anxiety looked like PTSD, he said soldiers frequently presented the same way with the paranioa, jumping at noises and only seeking help when it caused them physical symptoms
people say I'm constantly in a state of panic, that I can't relax, that I'm always worrying about things
I think he suspects I was sexually abused, but I wasn't; I'm not sure why I'm so anxious.

the problem is that I think I NEED that kind of anxiety, I've been like this so long I'm not sure how to be any other way.
how would I get up out of bed in the morning, how could I work eight hours in my shitty job.
I feel like if I was less anxious I'd loose my wits, stop being able to stay on top of things, my life would become dysfunctional, it fills a need in my life.

tl;dr: what do you replace anxiety with
>>
File: DRUGS.jpg (26 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
DRUGS.jpg
26 KB, 500x380
meditation
mindfulness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd6ktroFf8Q
jon kabat-zinn
yeah he married zinn's daughter and took her name .
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22
MARC
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=107

mindful meditation has helped me , try it . what have you to lose?
>>
File: 1320797981956.jpg (23 KB, 348x356) Image search: [Google]
1320797981956.jpg
23 KB, 348x356
>>16531118
>what do you replace anxiety with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnLoToJVQH4
happiness
>>
You sort of instruct your body that there is no need to pump chemicals into you as you are better able to maintain the panic mode while free for anxiety. Think of it like instead of going backwards on the acute state of awareness you've achieved you actually hone it further so that you understand that the anxiety is only needed one something does happen and that you are better kept safe by having a clear head to keep aware of your surroundings. Like, upgrading it.
>>
>>16531127
I'm worried I might loose my anxiety and have nothing to replace it with, that I'l loose my drive, I'l slow down, become weak

>>16531132
I do not know happiness could do the same things as anxiety for me

and I think it's apples and oranges, hapiness is to depresion what anxiety is to lethargy

when I'm happy, I just become manic; being happy doesn't help me relax

I could not listen to this person speak, it was almost physically painful the way it refused to speak simply, and tried to force everyone to slow down
>>
>>16531152
>I'm worried I might loose my anxiety and have nothing to replace it with, that I'l loose my drive, I'l slow down, become weak
dan harris addressed this in his book 10 percent happier , he was afraid of loosing his "edge" too.
chek it out it's a good book.
i hope you look into mindfulness and try some guided meditation . it helps , all i know is that it helped me.
>>
>>16531163
so forgive me for asking hte question, but what did he say?
did he loose his edge?

I know that the way I am, I catch glasses that people knock over behind me before they hit the floor, nobody surprises me, I'm the fastest to leave the bar if there's trouble, and the first to respond when someone is hurt.
a man at work had a heart attack the other day, and I had the phone on dial in one hand, and a handful of pills in the other before most peopel realized there was an issue

could I still do that if I wasn't anxious?
>>
File: banana.jpg (333 KB, 1238x1280) Image search: [Google]
banana.jpg
333 KB, 1238x1280
>>16531163
and by helped , i mean it has reduced my anxiety .i have greatly reduced my meds . i am happier .
>>
>>16531168
>did he loose his edge?
yes , i think he did , but he realized that he was slacking and worked harder .
>could I still do that if I wasn't anxious?
idk probably
sounds like good reflexes
does the anxiety you have cause you discomfort and insomnia ?
>>
>>16531169
wat a QT3.14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJMEXccQT0
>>
>>16531176
of course, I sleep; but I have awful dreams and I'm always tired
and it makes it hard to socialize with people, or do simple things
my doctor was very surprised I had a job and had my shit toegether

those are the downsides of high anxiety levels, but like I said; it's all I know

what I have is not good, but there is no indication of what I would have if Ichanged
>>
File: 1427572752487.jpg (308 KB, 1280x1306) Image search: [Google]
1427572752487.jpg
308 KB, 1280x1306
>>16531193
>I'm always tired
>and it makes it hard to socialize with people, or do simple things
well i had similar problems but i didnt cope as well as you , i quit two jobs . maybe because i have a place to fall back to.i was desperate to get a fix for my anxiety and i found that mindful meditation .
>what I have is not good, but there is no indication of what I would have if I changed
staying with the devil you know instead of the devil you don't know.well i think happiness is better than anxiety , its up to you . good luck
>>
>>16531201
thanks anon
>>
When's the last time you had stress induced anxiety, OP? I have similar anxiety, what helps me is sorting my anxiety based on it's source.

I was anxious all throughout highschool, that anxiety led to bad decisions which in turn
caused more anxiety via stress. It's a never ending cycle that will consume you, if you let it.
>>
>>16531257
>I have similar anxiety, what helps me is sorting my anxiety based on it's source.
not op
what do you do exactly?
>>
File: 1387947826552.png (80 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
1387947826552.png
80 KB, 1024x776
bump
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.