[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i've asked this before but no one seemes to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5
File: saywhat.jpg (127 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
saywhat.jpg
127 KB, 500x344
how can tell if you're trans or just really gay?

it's confusing
>>
do you enjoy having a dick?
>>
>>16530218
sorta i guess. i'd rather have a dick in me desu. and it'd be easier to fit into pants without it. would rather have sexy pants than a penis.
>>
It deals with identifying with gender roles. If you're not sure how you identify as far as gender goes then don't worry about it, just be yourself and worry about things that matter like paying rent or passing finals or whatever it is NEETs worry about.
>>
>>16530244
Do you want a vagina?
>>
>>16530259
idk. i worry about this a LOT, and if i don't get it figured out soon it will be too late. everyone knows you can't transition later in life unless you want to look like an obvious man in a dress.

wtfff

maybe i should just do it

>>16530267
i'd rather have a REAL vagina than a penis. but i'd rather have a penis than a fake vagina :/
>>
>>16530244
you're just very gay
if you were a tranny like my cousin then having a dick and not tits would actually make you sad

like he was flaming when he was 10 years old, I didn't know what gay was but I knew he was it. And he always liked to dress girly like sleeping in an oversized t-shirt that went down to his knees,kept his hair long, always picked girl characters in video games. Then showed up to my aunts wedding in a dress insisting we call him by his new female name and now nobody in the family talks to him anymore
not because of the tranny thing, but...seriously, thats how you decide to tell people? This isnt about you, you fucking weirdo!
>>
>>16530203
The trans movement has been co-opted by identity politics which are retarded and based on gender stereotypes. Actual transexuals have a physiological condition and hormonal imbalance that would have more noticeable problems than just being really gay. So you're probably not trans.
>>
>>16530270
>idk
>maybe
you would never get approved for the procedures. They only let you do it if you are 100% sure and committed to the idea of making changes you can never come back from

also here is the big plus side of being gay, at least the guys you get with are honest with themselves about being gay. if you are a tranny you will meet mostly gay men that insist they are straight like a bunch of fags
>>
>>16530270
I don't think this is the kind of thing you just take a stab at if you're not sure. There is a high rate f people that do express regret with their decision after the fact that end up committing suicide. And that "it's too late for me" attitude is also really dangerous, and imo, pretty dumb.

Plenty of crossdressers can pull of a good look without ever transitioning or feeling the need to identify as trans. If you want to try doing girly things, have you considered starting with just simple crossdressing?

Why is it you feel you want to be a woman anyway? Being a chick sucks.
>>
>>16530281
i don't really like the word "flaming" in that context because it's like derogatory lol. good post though i liked how the rambling story ended with your cousin being hated by everyone.

so i'm not trans unless i get sad about things? i get sad about things. wish i were a girl and stuff. and i wish i were rich. sometimes i get sad for like no reason even so i'm probably trans.

>>16530282
what more noticeable problems? i didn't know everyone here knew about my problems.

>>16530285
you don't know much about closeted gay guys do you? i've slept with guys in long-term committed relationships with women and they made me promise never to tell anyone ever.

>>16530294
i like crossdressing a lot. do it more than anyone i know, but i'm a loser and don't know anyone so. i want to be a woman maybe because i am a woman? was born this way or something. that's what lady gaga said anyway.
>>
>>16530294
>Being a chick sucks
nothing worse than someone born into extreme privilege who thinks they're actually worse off
>>
>>16530301
god damn you're a fucking moron

why would you ever sleep with a closet case?
>>
>>16530270
Well you can never have a real vagina if you were born as a penis holder. So get comfy with what you have and dress how you please.
>>
>>16530301
>what more noticeable problems
Severe physical problems with your genitals, and I assumed you don't have them because you probably would've mentioned it.
>>
>>16530301
Getting this defensive and passive aggressive is a good first step to becoming a woman.
>>
>>16530307
I didn't say it sucked worse than being a guy. I personally have no point of reference to make that comparison. I'm sure the human condition sucks in general. But I know for a fact being a girl sucks. Anyone suggests that, well
> someone born into privilege who thinks they're actually worse off
>>
>>16530329
*anyone who suggests not
>>
>>16530329
apologies then
>>
>>16530301
>you don't know much about closeted gay guys do you?
no, its you who are uninformed about trap culture
there are tonnes of guys who don't think its gay to have sex with a trap because they look like girls. They will insist there is nothing gay about fucking a mans ass and sucking his dick as long as he was wearing a dress before hand.
>>
>>16530311
i've seen your posts before and you seem sort of smart. definitely smarter than the majority on this fucking website

and i'm disappointed with this bland and tired response. what do you think about hormone therapy? be honest.

>>16530312
meh genitals are whatever. but isn't there more to being a girl than just that? some doctors signed off on caitlyn jenner's treatments even though she wants to keep her dick. if medical professionals seem to think that's okay why don't you?

>>16530326
if you think that's good you should see my sarcasm.
>>
>>16530338
well, they're not wrong
>>
>>16530312

Why do you need severe physical problems?

Did you know that there are people who basically have some variation of obsessive disorder that makes them believe they should be blind, or only have one arm, or things like that? And then when they achieve that, they're actually happy.

Yes, happy.

There was this case of a woman who thought she was supposed to be blind and somehow she found a doctor who was alright with blinding her. She was really happy about the whole deal.

I mean, it's basically... just because something sounds (or is) completely bonkers to someone on the outside, the only reason to not let someone like that have their will would be if they're going to cause problems for other people after disabling themselves intentionally.
>>
>>16530340
>isn't there more to being a girl than just that
Well there's hormone levels but that's legit altering your personality at that point. Anything else is based on stereotypes.
>if medical professionals seem to think that's okay why don't you?
Medical professionals don't all agree on the subject, and a doctor signing off on an expensive procedure for an insane rich person doesn't exactly prove anything.
>>
>>16530342
>Why do you need severe physical problems
Because that's what's required to fit into the actual medical definition of a transsexual. People who just 'feel' they're the opposite gender are different thing entirely.
>>
>>16530340
>isn't there more to being a girl than just that?
As a cisgendered female I sometimes really fucking hope not. Having female genitals was the one biggest source of comfort I had growing up to assure me of my gender status when it felt like everyone around me was insisting I wasn't feminine enough. I promise, I'm not even a tomboy or butch, just kind of lazy and neet-ish. I have no idea how cis women act around mtf trans chicks, but I know they can be brutal to eachother.
>>
>>16530352
i guess what i really want to talk about is hormones. in what circumstances are they okay to take?

what really does it mean to transition? i like to think about the pills. what's the harm in taking them?

pros:
SOFTER SKIN
boobs
body fat redistribution == booty xD
maybe more empathetic, emotional stuff?

cons:
maybe more empathetic, emotional stuff?
idk cancer (like everything lol)

neutral/who cares:
smaller balls
possible erectile dysfunction eventually
sterility

from this perspective it's like why is EVERY guy not on estrogen? i'm glad they're not but how do you not want this. and like if i don't take it? balding, skin being blah and manly, bodyhair, etc etc. right?

it's totally worth it even i'm not a "real" girl. i think.

>>16530381
girls are weird. i wish i'd been born one. i'd be nice and not like the other girls.
>>
You're trans if you spend too much time on tumblr.

You're gay if you like cocks.

hope that helped
>>
>>16530396
>what's the harm in taking them
If you don't cut your nuts off then the higher levels of estrogen combined with normal levels of testosterone will make you an emotional wreck with crazy mood swings that no one wants to be around.
>>
>>16530244
>and it'd be easier to fit into pants without it. would rather have sexy pants than a penis.
You are just a child. grow up and stop worring about labals. I can't stress how stupid and trastate that reasoning is
>>
>>16530404
dumbass you take an anti-androgen along with the estrogen. not to mention the estrogen alone will lower test levels

stop making shit up.
>>
Take some testosterone and see if you still wanna suck cock or be a woman. If you do, your brain fucked senpai. If you don't your body fucked senpai. Ask around a gym if you don't know where to buy or ask some buff friend, he noes.
>>
>>16530405
you seem like the one worrying about labels desu. i'm like hey maybe life on HRT would be better and you're like you can't be TRU TRANS unless x y and z

>>16530409
because this is based on solid science for sure.
>>
>>16530406
>>16530404
I feel u tumblr senpai i do but why take estrogen to change into a woman which is hard instead of taking testosterone to change into a man since u alredy got all the parts and all yu no?
>>
>>16530406
>not to mention the estrogen alone will lower test levels
The fuck are you talking about? Do you think estrogen and testosterone just cancel each other out?
>stop making shit up
Every testimony from a person who's transitioned that I've read has said that, as has every trans I've met personally.
>>
>>16530414
is it not science that testosterone make u manly senpai-chan friend?
>>
>>16530396

Just as a... cisgendered male, I guess... things like having boobs or having my body fat redistributed doesn't seem like a promising outlook, and all the "who cares" stuff would be a downright bummer (to put it mildly). With all the mental illness and weak immune system it brings, being high on testosterone at least allows me to maintain unrealistic muscle mass when compared to my actual activity levels, and apparently if you're into women who are into men, then these kinds of things are useful.

And by the way, what I never understand is that there's so little understanding for people in your position in broad society. It should exactly be someone like me - who is okay with their sexuality, and not insulted or marginalized for it - who understands how idiotic it is to bug someone over that kind of thing. So I really hope you're going to be okay. I think that you should probably talk to people better equipped to answer your questions and to realize what you really want to do than s/adv/irgins, though.
>>
>>16530418
he seems like a spoiled child who watches them animes senpai friend, don't think there's a point in arguing with him.

can u tell me what produces estrogen in the man body, true friend?
>>
File: bitches.jpg (297 KB, 657x613) Image search: [Google]
bitches.jpg
297 KB, 657x613
>>16530415
i don't want to be a man. being a man is the worst experience anyone has had ever.

>>16530418
they compete for the sexy hormone receptors faggot and the body will produce less test given high doses of estrogen. duh. this is basic shit

people maybe get more emotional on hormones but it's a lot more complicated than your bullshit and false scenario.

>>16530422
fuckin' science bitches

>>16530427
i almost fell asleep reading this post. i guess you're talking about taking test to get chicks? you do what you want man it's a free country
>>
>>16530431

>can u tell me what produces estrogen in the man body

BALLS
>>
>>16530440
holy shit i can tell u got a punchable face and i don't even seen ur face senpai, god damn u a faggit

>>16530444
balls produce estrogen friend?
>>
>>16530449

>balls produce estrogen?

DID I STUTTER
>>
>>16530452
dat don't sound right senpai cuz like women got estrogen but they don't got balls
>>
>>16530456

Duh, because they produce it in their women-balls. Also called ovaries
>>
>>16530464
so how come balls produce estrogen and testosterone friend? is it like one ball does tis and the other does that cuz one ball is bigger and i'm thinking thats cuz it the man testicle but i might be wrong
>>
>>16530449
sorry.

i'm really hoping someone will impress me with a different point of view that makes me see the world (particularly this dilemma) in a new light. instead you say the same things everyone else says. i could have these conversations in my head and i still don't know what the right thing to do is. seriously though stop suggesting people take testosterone. it's fucking stupid and based on literally nothing.
>>
>>16530469

Just like our OP friend hopes that he becomes wimmenz, the testiclerones becomes estrogenes by method of alchemical magics performed by both men- and fem-balls. Thus it is proven that mens are No.1
>>
>>16530471
nobody's here to impress u and errbody repeating it cuz it has some sense but u not about sense u about being a huge dick so fuk off senpai
>>
>>16530482
kek edwardo errick is in my testies kek
>>
>>16530485
want to talk sense?

it makes sense to me that taking HRT would be a good move, because i think i would be happier overall with the changes. gender and social stuff aside.

but. what if i'm wrong about it for some reason? i can't think of a reason i wouldn't like being even more fem physically. and like that poster i was dumb and mean to suggested, there are social consequences for doing such a thing.

so what do i do? try for happiness in spite of the risks, or stay "safe" and sort of unhappy with my body?
>>
File: im really not tho.jpg (169 KB, 511x500) Image search: [Google]
im really not tho.jpg
169 KB, 511x500
>>16530396
>i'd be nice and not like the other girls.

That is what they (we) all say.
>>
File: dougetit.jpg (20 KB, 452x339) Image search: [Google]
dougetit.jpg
20 KB, 452x339
>>16530499
>>
>>16530499

It really sounds like something idiots say. Like a man trying to reassure everyone he's a "nice guy". Who gives a shit? Why the emphasis?
>>
>>16530499
if u wann be like not the other girls u can swallow my load bby nobody does dat ud be unique i swear bby so u no just swallow
>>
>>16530503
He (you?) sure sounded serious to me. Sarcastic tone doesn't translate via the internet.
>>
>>16530527
it was a smart joke because identity politics + trans lol
>>
>>16530527
Only autism prevents people from understanding sarcasm when there isn't a vocal tone.
>>
>>16530340
It's pointless when trying to be something you're not. The only hormone therapy experimentation that should be happening in this era should be on life saving medical supplies like pain meds and shots. The one-size-fits-all medical treatment recomendations needs to end. We need a revolution in the medical heirarchy that doesn't fuck with our biology.
>>
>>16530440
>being a man is the worst experience anyone has had ever

And how long have you even had to do it? How old are you anyway? Sorry, but you really do sound like a teenager, especially evidenced with the "gotta do it before it's too late" stuff.

I know you're aware you're just exaggerating, but still, do you really think just simply having a penis is worse than, iunno, being one of those african chicks that gets their clit burned off before being stoned to death because someone thought they were raped?
>>
>>16530537
>We need a revolution in the medical heirarchy that doesn't fuck with our biology.
can you explain what you mean here? sounds interesting but i really don't know at all what you mean.

isn't medicine pretty much always working to become something you're not? discounting preventative care ofc.

like becoming virus-free, healthy, immune?

i kind of expected better of you but yours is a valid opinion i guess. how is it pointless to try to be something you're not when everything is always changing? when our self-identities are really just incomplete and skewed perspectives that imply we can be something constant and unchanging in spite of reality? i get that it's edgy to say trans people are lying to themselves right now in the face of all this acceptance in the media but i thought you'd have something actually interesting to say. oh well. thanks for talking to me anyway! <3

>>16530541
i'm older than you probably. yeah i don't know what it's like living in those places. but i'm not all that happy here, with my body. maybe my identity issues are a first world convenience but if so i'm pretty good at constructing my own personal hell
>>
>>16530573
>i'm older than you probably.

Try me.
>>
>>16530578
really don't see why you're so stuck on this age thing. does it matter? we're discussing much more important things in this thread.
>>
>>16530583
If you're not even developed enough to legally be deemed to have the judgement capabilities to just (for example) consent to having sex, then it says something about your probable ability to appropriately decide to seriously alter your body.

Age matters. Lots of minors make decisions they later regret or change their mind about, whether they have serious consequences or not. People in the midst of puberty have chemical factors that affect their judgement ability.
>>
>>16530593
i'm a dumbass sometimes but that doesn't mean i'm a teenager. most people here are younger than me because 4chan is something most people outgrow
>>
>>16530605
> most people here are younger than me
>4chan is something most people outgrow
Do you have a source on either of those? I've seen plenty of oldfags around here.

Why are you even asking for advice here if that's your opinion on what kind of place this is?
>>
>>16530612
I probably hang around here still because I'm emotionally immature and suffer from mental illness. Also the fast responses. Instant gratification is nice.

4chan is quantity over quality, always
>>
If you'd rather be born a girl, that could imply you're trans - I recommend going to a gender therapist, go to one that's not known for just putting everybody on hormones too, instead you should see one that'll help you figure out why don't you feel comfortable with yourself. It may have different reasons altogether and have something to do with being gay.

All in all, the point of the whole ordeal is to make you comfortable with yourself - some people only need therapy for that, some people need hormones, some people need surgeries, and some jump into wrong ways to deal with it as well (taking hormones without doctor's control and without a proper therapy beforehand, for example)

Coming from a tranny who had a similar attitude to you, I'm ftm though. Hormonal therapy made me stop thinking about all that identity stuff and just accept myself as I am, I think it worked kind of like some cosmetic surgery, where your looks were making you so depressed you couldn't focus on other things, so you changed it and then you finally started to live your own life. This may sound wrong, but everybody has their own delusions, coping mechanisms, do different things to their bodies, so yeah. Just figure out what will make you feel better about yourself and do that. Drop the idea of "right" and "wrong", mental illnesses and all because honestly if you wanted to, you'd see a mental illness in anybody. But be logical and careful so it doesn't make things worse for you in a long run (for example if it'd be hard to pass for you, rethink if you really want that kind of life - for me it's easy to pass as male, but I think I'd be even more depressed than before if I couldn't pass despite the HRT)
>>
>>16531095
why do you refer to yourself as a "tranny"? that's always confused me about trans people.
>>
>>16530203
If you're typing this that means you're alive so you aren't trans
>>
>>16530301
I'm a fag and you're getting to defensive about things on the internet
>>
>>16530270

I think this is a bait thread. But if not - you are literally being brainwashed by the Internet. I've got nothing against transgendered people, but I don't think you're one of them. I think you're just young and horny and confused, probably gay, and you're receiving a LOT of conflicting and confusing information.

Best advice I can give you - STOP THINKING OF YOUR SEXUALITY AS AN ABSTRACT CONCEPT. Stop fixating on labels and categories. Focus on real relationships with real people. Find out what really turns you on and makes you happy, not on a computer or in your imagination, but in an actual sexual relationship.

Trial and error, rather than overthinking and examining every thought and memory and trying to label yourself.

This is NOT the time to be making permanent, drastic changes to your body. I know these issues are talked about a lot, but REAL transgendered people are very rare. You probably aren't one of them. There are a LOT more people who might like dressing up in women's clothes, or some other form of gender-play, but a full physical/hormonal transition is probably NOT FOR YOU.
>>
File: tumblr_nyfkqrNVy11tm163xo1_1280.jpg (333 KB, 1280x1331) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyfkqrNVy11tm163xo1_1280.jpg
333 KB, 1280x1331
Bout that time to talk about trans, eh? You know.... This is why gender should've stopped, but oh well.... Now history repeats itself with gender flame wars.... oh well... FIGHT!
>>
>>16531444
I thought the "Q" stood for the umbrella catch-all term for everyone not cisgendered heterosexual. I still see people trying to say that "queer" is a slur and you can't use it because it offends them, even though "LGBTQ" is widely accepted.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.